Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Interview Advice

Search this Thread

Old 30 July 2005, 01:23 PM
molko
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interview Advice

Hi

Ive got an interview coming up in a couple of days time, its for a J2EE position, apparently i have to do a test with NO IDE, just notepad to write the code.

Anyone done anything like this before, what sort of thing should i expect. I ALWAYS use an IDE to write code, this way i get intelli-sense/auto-code complete etc and i dont need to remeber the whole API.

Just a little nervous and was kinda wondering what to expect.

Thanks
Old 30 July 2005, 03:35 PM
scoobyjimbo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by molko
Hi

Ive got an interview coming up in a couple of days time, its for a J2EE position, apparently i have to do a test with NO IDE, just notepad to write the code.

Anyone done anything like this before, what sort of thing should i expect. I ALWAYS use an IDE to write code, this way i get intelli-sense/auto-code complete etc and i dont need to remeber the whole API.

Just a little nervous and was kinda wondering what to expect.

Thanks
Yep years ago when i was a coder, they made me write c code in notepad, it wont be a complex program they get you to write and they wont expect it to be 100% correct in terms of syntax but they just want to see that you can code and that you can think on your feet and that you can logically break a program down to solve a given function,
Good luck anyway
J
Old 30 July 2005, 05:37 PM
molko
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyjimbo
Yep years ago when i was a coder, they made me write c code in notepad, it wont be a complex program they get you to write and they wont expect it to be 100% correct in terms of syntax but they just want to see that you can code and that you can think on your feet and that you can logically break a program down to solve a given function,
Good luck anyway
J
Cheers thanks...

All i can hope for is that it compiles :-)