Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Adobe Acrobat error

Search this Thread

Old 28 July 2005, 03:13 PM
Tall Paul
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by **************
getting the message 'insufficient data for an image'

I am using Acrobat 6, a colleague is using Acrobat 6 and the same file opens fine so is my PC.

I have completely removed acrobat including all reg entries etc and reinstalled, still get the same message.

Have then tried versions 4 and 5 and still no joy.

Anyone seen this error before and know how to fix it? Google hasn't been much help!!!
Found this on a web site:

Solution:

This error occurs when using versions of MakePDF prior to 5.0 when compressing certain types of images or graphics contained in the Word document. Additional compression options are available in MakePDF versions 5.0 to address compression issues for a variety of image and graphic formats

It would suggest that your mate has something installed on their PC other than acrobat that you don't have. Do you or your friend have the full version of Acrobat?
Old 28 July 2005, 03:24 PM
Tall Paul
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by **************
Thanks Paul but its resolved. No the colleague has a new machine imaged by me that has a full version of Acrobat 6 Standard and no other pdf software. I have the same image on my machine.

It turned out nothing to do with Adobe, it was the fact the files were downloaded by ftp client that was downloading them in ascii transfer mode instead of binary transfer mode
Nice one. Glad its sorted!