Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

ripping audio files from hdd to mp3

Search this Thread

Old 27 July 2005, 09:33 PM
Nick_Cat
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default ripping audio files from hdd to mp3

Right,
I have a collection of audio cd's on my hard drive as 'raw' uncompressed copies. I want to rip these these to mp3 so that I can stick several on one cd to play in the car in my new kenwood headunit.
For the life of me I can't get any software to open these files, cdex, freerip all look to the cd drive and I can't navigate to my folders on the hdd. Is there any way this can be done.
Can ne1 help I am frustrated.

Cheers
Nick
Old 27 July 2005, 10:47 PM
john_s
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CDEX has a button down the right hand side "convert WAV file(s) to compressed audio file(s)"... That's the option you want.

Unless the files you have are ISO files, in which case, youmight be as easy burning them to CD, and re-ripping them straight to MP3.

John.
Old 28 July 2005, 09:40 AM
Nick_Cat
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by john_s
CDEX has a button down the right hand side "convert WAV file(s) to compressed audio file(s)"... That's the option you want.

Unless the files you have are ISO files, in which case, youmight be as easy burning them to CD, and re-ripping them straight to MP3.

John.
Thanks.
I've tried this. When I navigate to the folder with the files in and click on the folder containing the files it won't open, i.e. I navigate to say a folder named 'Kasabian', click on this expecting to be able to select the files inside but it doesn't open.
Nick
Old 28 July 2005, 11:04 AM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Drag n drop the .wav files to a new Mp3 data disc project in Nero, job done. If the files u have are .cda (CD Audio) the same process will also work. In fact its better to convert .cda files rather than using wavs, as the .cda files have already been converted to wav, and u would of lost some quality in that process.
Old 28 July 2005, 04:55 PM
Andrew Dixon
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use WinLame for this sort of task. Dead simple to operate, and it uses the best MP3 encoder out there. Just drag and drop the files into the application, or point it at the relevant folder.