Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

FORZA MOTORSPORT

Search this Thread

Old 13 May 2005, 07:40 PM
W 12 X T C
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FORZA MOTORSPORT

got it yesterday. and i think is is very good. think of it as pg2 but much deeper.
played a couple of games online and thought it much better than project gotham. you wont get away with smashing into people with this game. i loved spanking a le mans car and a couple of jttc touring cars in my 2004 sti with everything done to it. there a loads of little touches. i noticed that when i rubbed against the wall it ripped part of the advertising off not all of it just where the car hit it.
who's going to start the scoobynet car club???????????????????????.
gamertag. DJ Bry
Old 13 May 2005, 09:20 PM
fatmanscooby
Scooby Regular

I think its great. The Ring is much more detailed than the GT4 Version and you can play your own music. Bought Midnight Club 4 and took that back got that Konami one and took that back lol they must be getting fed up with me at Game.
Old 13 May 2005, 09:24 PM
Tim-Grove
Scooby Regular

My golf R32 has now got 550bhp, coilovers, brembos, roll cage and sequential straight cut gearbox, it’s stupidly fast. Ive just been playing it on xlink and it’ll keep with a lot of the track cars.

Im totally addicted cant put it down. Ive been playing it since I got home from work at 2pm.
Old 13 May 2005, 09:42 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Just playing now too, with my soundtrack of EZ-Rollers

Love how you leave paint on the barriers if you scrape them, not that I do that often you understand
Old 13 May 2005, 09:47 PM
Tim-Grove
Scooby Regular

Im just about getting the hang of braking in all the write places and learning which corners I can just power through.
Old 14 May 2005, 03:03 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Just got a copy tonight, so haven't really played that much, but I must say it is rather good.

If anyone fancies a bit of online action then my GT is The Sharkus (I know, I know )
Old 14 May 2005, 04:55 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

After, finally, being able to get onto Live tonight, I've created a car club. Current name is Scooby Racing, tag is SCBY. So join up if you like.
Hope to see you online

Last edited by Markus; 14 May 2005 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Changed club name and tag as XBL did not save it last night, grrrr!
Old 14 May 2005, 09:48 AM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

I played the preview on the Xbox magazine and I wasn't impressed at all, in particular the controls were not very good.

Has this changed in the final version? Can anyone compare it?
Old 14 May 2005, 10:08 AM
specialx
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by KiwiGTI
I played the preview on the Xbox magazine and I wasn't impressed at all, in particular the controls were not very good.

Has this changed in the final version? Can anyone compare it?
oh god yes!!! I had the preview and was a tad worried about the final game, no need it's far far better than the demo.

spent over 3 hours on it last night and got well and truly sucked in.

can't wait till home time!!

Ads
Old 14 May 2005, 01:36 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

I had seen the flash site demo of the game and wasn't too convinced by things, but now I have the game, I'm rather impressed. It's obvious they are trying to make it into Gran Turismo for the XBOX and I think they are doing pretty well for version 1.

I spent over an hour last night just messing around with things before even playing the game for real. For example, the Decal editor is a nice touch (pity you can't put decals onto carbon fibre body parts though ) and I didn't know that was in the game. The drivator is pretty cool (assume it's similar to GT4's Spec B thing)

I've only played a few races but I'm impressed. The damage moddling seems rather good, certainly when I smack the car it starts to pull to the left/right excellent.

Can't wait for a bit of online action
Old 14 May 2005, 03:51 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

OK, where's the brightness controls? Seem to recall someone else mentioning it's a bit dark

Am sucked in now Oh look at me, I'm in a very innocent looking Impreza RS, I'm not going to put up much competition am I? Shame I performed an engine swap and dropped in the engine from the Spec C, plus a few choice chassis mods too Sneaky? oh, that'll be me
Old 14 May 2005, 04:08 PM
specialx
Former Sponsor

No fair I'm stuck at work!!!
Old 14 May 2005, 10:52 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was hoping that this thread would be slating it to save me money It looks fantastic from what I've seen but I haven't played it.
Old 15 May 2005, 01:45 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Just for you paul:
"It's a pile o donkey poop (how rare!) and so you don't want to buy it!

On the serious side, looks like you're going to be parting with the folding to get a copy.

One is quite addicted to it at the moment, pity my parents flew over, otherwise I'd have having a session on it.
Old 15 May 2005, 02:49 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Are all the 4WD cars nasty, understeering pieces of sh!te like they are in GT4 or are they actually driveable?
Old 15 May 2005, 02:59 PM
Tim-Grove
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by CrisPDuk
Are all the 4WD cars nasty, understeering pieces of sh!te like they are in GT4 or are they actually driveable?
If you drive them correctly they're great, my R32 is crackin
Old 15 May 2005, 04:26 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

your not driving the 4wd cars properlly IMO

if you went barrelling into a roundabout in your scoob and hammerd the brakes you would probably understeer as well?
Old 15 May 2005, 05:22 PM
W 12 X T C
Scooby Regular

for when you all get to the endurance races. www.drivatar.com. some usefull information on here.
Old 15 May 2005, 06:40 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by Tim-Grove
If you drive them correctly they're great, my R32 is crackin
I am a veteran of the previous three iterations of Gran Turismo, and I had no problems getting my Skylines to slide in any of them My R32 is packing 500bhp, plus the racing brakes and suspension, and all it wants to do is plough straight on when ever I apply the power even lifting off into corners and sticking the handbrake on to provoke a slide only works until power is applied My mothers 1.8 automatic Cavalier does lift off oversteer better FFS!
Old 15 May 2005, 06:48 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Cool

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
your not driving the 4wd cars properlly IMO

if you went barrelling into a roundabout in your scoob and hammerd the brakes you would probably understeer as well?
Probably, but conversely, when I go gently into said roundabout, apply some lock & mash the loud pedal, the back end comes swinging round faster than you can say 'big oversteery slide'

In either my scoob or my XR4x4

As an aside, my wife's totally std MX-5 is more than capable of a nice drift during a moderate cornering maneouvre, but unless you modify them heavily, the ones on GT4 do nothing but plough & wallow through the corners. Hardly the ultimate driving simulator it claims to be, or indeed it's predecessor was
Old 15 May 2005, 07:02 PM
scooby-si
Scooby Regular

Location: 2005 sso, 1/4 finals,3rd in 60ft; 2004 sso,semi finals,2nd in 60ft time; 2003 standard car 2nd 60ft

just got it today i will be playing tonight
Old 16 May 2005, 09:47 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

I am a veteran of the previous three iterations of Gran Turismo, and I had no problems getting my Skylines to slide in any of them My R32 is packing 500bhp, plus the racing brakes and suspension, and all it wants to do is plough straight on when ever I apply the power even lifting off into corners and sticking the handbrake on to provoke a slide only works until power is applied My mothers 1.8 automatic Cavalier does lift off oversteer better FFS!
Have you turned the stability control off?

I'm rubbish at driving games to be honest. Far too agressive witht he controls. I'm just getting the hang of it and I think forza is great! Love the hill climbs in my EVO
Old 16 May 2005, 10:06 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Somebody has made a nice effort here...

Old 16 May 2005, 10:13 AM
InvisibleMan
Scooby Regular

yeah no more being heavy on the controls like ive been with pgr2, you need to brake more. you have to work harder to get it round corners but at least the other cars try to avoid you & not drive through you! plus when you get whacked on one side, trying to steer straight while it wants to pull hard to one side makes it fun

Last edited by InvisibleMan; 16 May 2005 at 10:24 AM.
Old 16 May 2005, 10:35 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by InvisibleMan
yeah no more being heavy on the controls like ive been with pgr2, you need to brake more. you have to work harder to get it round corners but at least the other cars try to avoid you & not drive through you! plus when you get whacked on one side, trying to steer straight while it wants to pull hard to one side makes it fun
racing last night and two cars in front had an off..... body parts where sprayed all over the track! great stuff. The crash damage and loss of pain is a nice touch.
Old 16 May 2005, 10:59 AM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I heard that the AI in this learns from the way you play as well, ie it gets smart to how you overtake, corner etc, so it can defend better as you play more. Has anyone seen this in action yet?
Old 16 May 2005, 11:01 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bioforger
I heard that the AI in this learns from the way you play as well, ie it gets smart to how you overtake, corner etc, so it can defend better as you play more. Has anyone seen this in action yet?

The cars do battle with you as you overtake especially on a corner. They don't just sit there on the racing line.

I tried driving around a track the wrong way and the cars will try and avoid you. I've been told in GT4 they will just drive straight at you.
Old 16 May 2005, 11:14 AM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
The cars do battle with you as you overtake especially on a corner. They don't just sit there on the racing line.

I tried driving around a track the wrong way and the cars will try and avoid you. I've been told in GT4 they will just drive straight at you.
Yep thats true. The AI in GT4 isnt very smart On most circuits, once ure in front, it seems the other cars cant pass you, even if theyre close to you or have a big bhp advantage.
Old 16 May 2005, 11:22 AM
InvisibleMan
Scooby Regular

i have heard though that Sony are developing AI that has "human errors" in it. They get many humans to race each making mistakes in different places then calculate an average & put that in the AI equation. Not sure how this differs how AI is done atm

will be online soon...
Old 16 May 2005, 01:06 PM
scooby-si
Scooby Regular

Location: 2005 sso, 1/4 finals,3rd in 60ft; 2004 sso,semi finals,2nd in 60ft time; 2003 standard car 2nd 60ft

right ive just started playing it last night,the cars i win and mod can i take them to the online game????? or do i have to start all over again online,just dont want top do it twice lol

Quick Reply: FORZA MOTORSPORT