Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Another GT4 question...hard rally stages, which car to use?

Search this Thread

Old 09 May 2005, 07:24 PM
drb5
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another GT4 question...hard rally stages, which car to use?

I've been using the 22B fully modded, but hard to resort to using a LM race to for the hard tarmac rallies, but now i'm onto the dirt and snow stages, i just can't get the drifting right. I know you can bounce the back end about to help, but that isn't everything.

Any help is more the wanted!
Old 09 May 2005, 11:22 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I used a delta S4 and Impreza 03 (I think) WRC to do these rallies (both with turbo mod of course). It took some time and bouncing the back off of the walls helps loads
Old 10 May 2005, 08:48 AM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Not done them on GT4 yet, but on GT3 I used an R32 Skyline with about 500bhp, brakes and dirt tyres
Old 10 May 2005, 09:27 AM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...

Impreza 03 Rally Car with bigger turbo.

Goes like the clappers and on the dirt surfaces you can get past your opponent straight off the line. Then it's just a case of keeping ahead - try to make your car as wide as possible so the only we he's gonna get past is by going over the top! They're not that hard once you're in front - the key is to pick a passing point on the track and stick to it - don't try and get him at the first opportunity, you'll prob. end up with a 5sec penalty. The opponents have a habit of making their first lap their best one, they tend to slow a little afterwards.
Old 10 May 2005, 09:29 AM
jbryant
Scooby Regular

Cool

Originally Posted by drb5
I've been using the 22B fully modded, but hard to resort to using a LM race to for the hard tarmac rallies, but now i'm onto the dirt and snow stages, i just can't get the drifting right. I know you can bounce the back end about to help, but that isn't everything.

Any help is more the wanted!
I bought an Evo 8, lightened and fully modded up to >500hp probably much the same as your 22b. Got me several of the hard medals, but it's too powerful on the snow and wheelspins constantly. Tried doing the lap in 2nd/3rd only to eliminate wheelspin using manual gears but I'm no good at that

For the tarmac stages the "Suzuki Escudo dirtcar" (or something like that IIRC) was a great laugh and did the trick (900 hp or so), though that was actually a prize for one of the hard tracks. That car is loooonatic fast on the dirt. I love those dirt rally stages that criss-cross the El Capitan track. The snow stages are horrible however.

HTH
Joolz
Old 10 May 2005, 10:46 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

i havent botherd with the hard rally stages yet

the last few nights i have spent soley on autum ring with 482bhp, comfort tyres and the driving force pro wheel

lost track of how many laps i have done on that track now, managed sum monster linked drifts
rally tracks should probably be a doddle for me now TBH lol
Old 10 May 2005, 03:17 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

How do u sustain drifts in GT4 on tarmac? Is it just a matter of turning off the oversteer and understeer aids, or have understeer aid on max, so its really tail happy. I can never keep a drift going It always snaps to violently back the other way n sends me into a spin. Rear wheel drive obviously, but I cant seem to get anything to drift properly unless it has a large wad of power, always understeers everywhere
Old 10 May 2005, 08:14 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

do you use a steering wheel and pedals?

about 4/5 days ago, i set about learning how to drift with a 4wd in the game
its starting to pay off now,

if you spent 3/4 hours every night for a few days in your real car you could probably "drift" that as well

practice makes perfect!!

when i drift i firstly "fient" (sp?) then nail the throttle to swing the back around, the throttle is then featherd as needed and the steering wheel is mostly centred, i dont tend to wind on lots of oppisite lock, i found that made it to unpredictible?

a few decent laps while drifting makes you feel so proud
Old 11 May 2005, 09:50 AM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Woohoo - won the Escudo!

It now sits at the top of my 0-400 leader board @ Vegas - 8.7secs, beats the F1 car by about a second...
Old 11 May 2005, 03:30 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
do you use a steering wheel and pedals?

about 4/5 days ago, i set about learning how to drift with a 4wd in the game
its starting to pay off now,

if you spent 3/4 hours every night for a few days in your real car you could probably "drift" that as well

practice makes perfect!!

when i drift i firstly "fient" (sp?) then nail the throttle to swing the back around, the throttle is then featherd as needed and the steering wheel is mostly centred, i dont tend to wind on lots of oppisite lock, i found that made it to unpredictible?

a few decent laps while drifting makes you feel so proud
Nope standard ps2 pad only. I just cant do it, htf do u do it with 4wd, they just understeer. I'm no driving game novice either, but whenever I have a go, its either a short drift, or its a spin I've tried the left n right sudden movement, braking at the wrong time to unbalance etc n they just drift for short periods.
Old 11 May 2005, 03:35 PM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bioforger
Nope standard ps2 pad only. I just cant do it, htf do u do it with 4wd, they just understeer. I'm no driving game novice either, but whenever I have a go, its either a short drift, or its a spin I've tried the left n right sudden movement, braking at the wrong time to unbalance etc n they just drift for short periods.
Try using that Takata NSX for drifting - very tail happy.
Old 11 May 2005, 04:19 PM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Not got GT4's Viper yet - was expecting it to be a prize car in American Hall...

Haven't played GT3 since I got 100%
Old 11 May 2005, 04:28 PM
messiah
Scooby Regular

So you've yet to unlock the horror's of endurance & extreme hall then eh?
Old 11 May 2005, 04:40 PM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Our lass goes to bed at 11ish so I normally get an hour at it before I "retire".

Or you can just say - "watch that eastenders ****e upstairs, this is my telly". Crude but effective.

Extreme hall is where the fun begins, I though GT4 was a bit too sanitised until I saw what was in there. F1 championship, 15 event championship series starting with 78 (yes, 78) laps of Cote d'Azur, then 127 laps of Super Speedway - also taking in 15 laps of the 'ring & 23 of Le Sarthe... 3m credits prize + 100k per race win. Oh yes. I'm leaving that one til last...
Old 11 May 2005, 04:42 PM
Mogsi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by **************

How the hell does everyone get their Mrs to let them spend so much time on GT4? Or are you all single/you don't live togehter and can do what you want? lol
Whilst mine sits in the lounge watching all the soaps and cr4p on TV, I sit in the 'games' room on the consoles ( although not touched GT4 since starting Resi Evil4 )
Old 11 May 2005, 04:51 PM
messiah
Scooby Regular

I just realised my Sony telly can do 2 channels at once - I think my percentage rate might be getting a bump up shortly
Old 11 May 2005, 10:19 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

my lass lives 330 miles away so she hardly has a say in what i do with my spare time