Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

GT4 Licenses

Search this Thread

Old 27 April 2005, 10:03 AM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Super licenses are all 1 laps around various circuits - last 2 are Le Sarthe & Nurburgring.

The ring is the easier of the 2 - the bronze time is quite generous IMHO (I managed gold after 3 attempts ). Le Sarthe is the only license test I didn't pass first time, I'd never done it before so didn't know the track and finished 2 secs out, then I kept going off track approaching Indianapolis (?) it's bumpy as hell and thats the problem - keeping the car in a straight line...

Old 27 April 2005, 10:27 AM
messiah
Scooby Regular

The maximum A-Spec points available per race (not inc missions) is 200. It's a bit hit & miss how they are worked out but seems to be how your car compares to the competition, power to weight ratio has the biggest influence, as does whether or not its a race prepped car. You'll get less points using the Scoob Rally car than if you modded an STI 03 to the same spec.

Try this - get the Dodge RAM and mod it however you like - cos it's a big old beast it always gets 200pts even though it trounces most things off the line. got 200pts in every race in sunday cup, clubman cup, 4wd challenge, sport truck race & muscle car competition with it as well as a couple of events in special condition hall. - it soon makes your a-spec tally look quite healthy...

I'm currently "200pt bagging" - theoretical max is about 113k.
Old 27 April 2005, 10:44 AM
messiah
Scooby Regular

I've been doing that myself to unlock endurance hall and get to day 694, although this a-spec bagging gets quite addictive, certainly makes for more interesting racing although sometimes you just get your **** kicked good and proper - a bit of experimentation is required.

I did the Formula GT race around super speedway last night in the Audi R8 (another 200pts) and it's pit strategy that's required - opponents just waltz off into the distance but they pit every 11 laps whereas for me it was every 32. won by a lap

I heard you can mod a Toyota Supra to reach 280mph that just eats the LM cars for breakfast but still nabs 200pts for the Like The Wind race - I only got 33 for using the Bentley Speed 8...

Another good car for high points - Jaguar S Type-R in the British GT Car Comp - you can mod and get 200pts and it's pretty good racing too.

Last edited by messiah; 27 April 2005 at 10:56 AM.
Old 27 April 2005, 11:16 AM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Day 694 - have 9m credits ready then go to Used car section. There's Black verions of 4 of the LM cars - Toyota GT1, Nissan R390 & R92 and the Mazda 787B. They're classed as Road cars and go like stink!

Hardest test for me is Domestic A-16, taking that RX-7 around a section of the ring. Just can't seem to get it right, I'm about a sec off Silver...

Extreme Hall is unlocked when you get all golds on Beginner & Professional Hall - B-Spec is handy if you just want to get them over and done with and you have a good car. Endurance Hall unlocked after 25% - if you are of a nervious disposition, don't look at the Le Sarthe & Nurburgring events though... (24hrs!)
Old 27 April 2005, 11:44 AM
lpski1
Scooby Regular

License's, damm these are hard in comparison to the previous ones, i have two full laps left to do on the Special License ! ive let it go for a while, whilst i concentrate on getting the % up, so i can do the endurance races, Fantastic game though.

im enjoying the Ring in the Merc on one of the tests though.
Old 27 April 2005, 11:53 AM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Extreme Hall contains stuff like the F1 league - which looks pretty spectacular, 15 races starting off with 78 laps of Cote d'Azur & 127 of super speedway so you can image what the rest of it is like (also 15 laps of the 'ring). There's also the Like the wind race which is 5 laps of Test track - so you need a 230mph+ nutcase machine to enter although 5 laps is a bit measly, it was 20 in GT3. There's also stuff like "Real Circuit Tours" - the racing is brilliant without being stupidly hard.

B-Spec comes into it's own on the endurance hall - although it's best to get your driver some experience beforehand - he gets better the more you use him, you can see from the pic I posted he gets course skill, battle skill & machine skill, the higher the figure the less mistakes he'll make - so you start off with a Coulthard and end up with a Schumacher. You can also speed up the races to 3x speed. I find it handy just to finish leagues off so I can try something else. you can swap from a to b-spec when you pit so you're not stuck with just 1 mode for the entire race - handy when you've got 20 laps left and you fancy a brew... or you just can't be bothered.
Old 27 April 2005, 11:59 AM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Nurburgring 24hrs.
Old 27 April 2005, 12:07 PM
messiah
Scooby Regular

LOL - do a couple of the other enduro races first and get the Minolta 88C-V, then b-spec the ring 24hrs by leaving the ps2 on for a day...

then again on the 2 le sarthe races for the Audi R8 & Bentley Speed 8.

oh and did I mention these will net you 1.2m credits each?
Old 27 April 2005, 12:12 PM
drb5
Scooby Regular

Just what IS the point to gaining A and B-SPEC points? Do you get some good car or summit if you get to a high level?
Old 27 April 2005, 12:22 PM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by drb5
Just what IS the point to gaining A and B-SPEC points? Do you get some good car or summit if you get to a high level?
Gaining B-Spec points improves your driver.

A-Spec points are, to be perfectly honest, for bragging rights. 100% was easily acheived in GT3 by using the F1 car in just about any race - try that in GT4 and you'll only get 1 point for totally outclassing your opponents. The points are a method of gauging your abilty with a car against opponents with a similar car.

So basically - better a-spec score = better driver.

I don't think anyone knows if you get a certain car for reaching a level - I've heard of someone who's on 76,000 and not won anything - maybe at 100k?
Old 27 April 2005, 01:04 PM
messiah
Scooby Regular

will be ok for a couple - and should be ok for the 'ring event IIRC the competitors use the DTM cars.
Old 27 April 2005, 02:17 PM
messiah
Scooby Regular

You're probably better off doing a few of the manufacturer races and winning them as prize cars. I haven't bought any race cars at all - any I have I've won.

If you win Club M in the BMW area you'll get the M3 GTR Race Car, and I think one of the Schwarzwald leagues gets you the Merc 260 Evo Race Car...
Old 27 April 2005, 02:29 PM
messiah
Scooby Regular

IIRC the last in that series is the 'ring and that M5 doesn't half shift so get modding!

Apologies it's not the Race car - but these are useful...

Schwarzwald League A : BMW M3 GTR Race Car '01
Schwarzwald League B : MERCEDES-BENZ AMG 190E 2.5 16V Evolution II (DTM) '92
Italian Festival ALFA ROMEO 155 2.5 V6 TI Race Car '93
Race of Pleiades : SUBARU IMPREZA Super Touring Car '01
Aston Martin Festival : ASTON MARTIN DB9 Coupe '03
'M' Club : BMW M3 GTR '03
Legend of Silver Arrow : MERCEDES-BENZ CLK Touring Car (D2 DTM) '00
Speedster Cup : OPEL Calibra Touring Car (DTM) '94
206 Cup : PEUGOET 205 Turbo 16 Rally Car '85
Blackpool Racer : TVR Cerbera Speed 12 '00

Think I'm going to the TVR area tonight
Old 27 April 2005, 04:07 PM
Recaro
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by messiah
IIRC the last in that series is the 'ring and that M5 doesn't half shift so get modding!

Apologies it's not the Race car - but these are useful...

Schwarzwald League A : BMW M3 GTR Race Car '01
Schwarzwald League B : MERCEDES-BENZ AMG 190E 2.5 16V Evolution II (DTM) '92
Italian Festival ALFA ROMEO 155 2.5 V6 TI Race Car '93
Race of Pleiades : SUBARU IMPREZA Super Touring Car '01
Aston Martin Festival : ASTON MARTIN DB9 Coupe '03
'M' Club : BMW M3 GTR '03
Legend of Silver Arrow : MERCEDES-BENZ CLK Touring Car (D2 DTM) '00
Speedster Cup : OPEL Calibra Touring Car (DTM) '94
206 Cup : PEUGOET 205 Turbo 16 Rally Car '85
Blackpool Racer : TVR Cerbera Speed 12 '00

Think I'm going to the TVR area tonight
I bought the TVR cerbera and modded it. It wheelspins now all the way to 120mph.

The endurance race at el captain is worth it. The car you get is very good.
Old 27 April 2005, 04:20 PM
messiah
Scooby Regular

I think the El Cap enduro race gets you the Minolta Toyota 88C-V - I have it modded to 1148bhp. Trouble is the thing is uncontrollable on the Test Track (I have a replay saved where I hit the barrier entering turn one and spent the rest of the corner bouncing down the track... )

Having said that - my B-Spec driver has used to do the ring in 6m 08secs...