Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Camcorder to Pc ??

Search this Thread

Old 08 April 2005, 11:50 PM
Pongo555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Camcorder to Pc ??

I have some camcorder footage that i want to take from camcorder onto PC what do i need ?

Camcorder is a JVC GR-D31 EK

P.S. Footage does NOT involve the wife in a state of undress before some of you start LOL

Pongo555
Old 09 April 2005, 09:52 AM
jbryant
Scooby Regular

That's a DV Camera. You'll need a Firewire (also known as IEEE1394) lead to connect to your PC, and obviously a DV input on the PC.
If there isn't one built in to your PC you can pick up internal cards for a pittance which are a doddle to fit (such as this: http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...duct_uid=60573)

DV connector on your camera will be tiny - likely the one on the PC will be a bigger plug, so get a lead that connects the two. Something like this http://www.dabs.com/uk/channels/hard...quicklinx=3B8V

Then you need software to capture and edit. Windows Movie Maker is included with XP (under Accessories on the Start Menu) or if you want more professional results there are tonnes of full sized apps out there (Adobe Premier, Pinnacle Studio, etc)

Hope this helps
Joolz
Old 09 April 2005, 10:37 AM
Pongo555
Scooby Regular

That is a VERY good run down on what i need thank you VERY much you have saved me many an hour searching through the net to find me answer thank you again !!!

POngo555