Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Can someone PLEASE give me some tips or cheats for the shti rallying on gt4

Search this Thread

Old 02 April 2005, 11:31 PM
GREEN SCOOBY
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Can someone PLEASE give me some tips or cheats for the shti rallying on gt4

I used to think that the rallying on gt3 was probably the best of any ps2 game any where, couldnt wait for gt4 as it has got to be even better with all these new rally cars and my best car ever! the peugeot 205 t16 evo, brilliant! what a reallity check and come to think of a ******* pile of ****e the new version is! All you get is 5 sec penaltys everywhere. You hit a wall on a tarmac track too fast, 5 sec penalty, game probably over, you hit a plastic post on gravel, 5 sec penalty, game definately over, you hit the other car, 5 sec penalty, game over, the other car hits you! 5 sec penalty,game over,what a ******* pile of shti the rallying part of this game is.The only reason why I keep on going is for the 205! and if or when I ever get it I know that i wont ever go back to a rally track to try it out, I will put it on a circuit! makes sense! right! It would not be too bad if the whole game was like this but the circuit racing is different as you can plough into 5 cars in one go and get, no penalty!!!! makes sense!! Sorry to ramble on everyone, I just feel the rallying is a real let down which is a shame as rallying is my thing.

So come on give an old bitter man tips and cheats and you may shut me up forever!
Old 03 April 2005, 08:53 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

Use manual gears, take off in 2nd or 3rd, that'll give you a good lead, then keep the inside line on the corners and the other car won't hit you.
Old 03 April 2005, 10:58 AM
GREEN SCOOBY
Scooby Regular

cheers mate.
Old 03 April 2005, 12:07 PM
cheddar bob
Scooby Regular

the 5 second penatly for hitting cars is a pain in the ****, but... you're not supposed to hit the walls/barriers anyway

So this means I can't use the Escudo Pikes Peak to ride the walls and still get round faster than anything else
Old 03 April 2005, 12:52 PM
RB5SCOTT
Scooby Regular

Or just run around the outside of the corners, especially the ice stages. just don't bang into them too hard or nose first!
Old 03 April 2005, 11:04 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

i bought the 205 from the used car lots lmfao
agreed with the 5sec penalty thing thing tho, its a ****en pain
Old 04 April 2005, 09:18 AM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...

Originally Posted by cheddar bob
the 5 second penatly for hitting cars is a pain in the ****, but... you're not supposed to hit the walls/barriers anyway

So this means I can't use the Escudo Pikes Peak to ride the walls and still get round faster than anything else
yes you can - Wall riding got me a gold on the Special license test around Ice Arena...

Trending Topics

Old 04 April 2005, 12:27 PM
Barmyclown
Scooby Regular

If you hit stuff with the rear of the car you don`t get the penalty, Just power slide round bends thats all i`m doing. Can`t be arsed to go for A spec points on the rallying so using 520Bhp scoob to do them, and waiting til a straight to blast past then keep on the inside for the rest of the race so they can`t pass you.
Old 04 April 2005, 08:34 PM
GREEN SCOOBY
Scooby Regular

Cheers everyone I found out the back end slide into the wall very good and gets you winning, but its still a shame as rallying aint like that at all in real life except sweden. Oh well nearly got my 205 t16 evo,two more tracks to go.