Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

P900 Question

Search this Thread

Old 31 March 2005, 02:15 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P900 Question

Any new contact put in phone now gets deleted when syncing to Outlook. Thought I had been going mad past few weeks with contacts dissapearing, but its TRUE following tests! I have it set [as for past 3 yrs] to 'select last changed item' in the settings tab to resolve any conflict.

Any ideas? Cheers.

D
Old 31 March 2005, 03:50 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Diesel
Any new contact put in phone now gets deleted when syncing to Outlook. Thought I had been going mad past few weeks with contacts dissapearing, but its TRUE following tests! I have it set [as for past 3 yrs] to 'select last changed item' in the settings tab to resolve any conflict.

Any ideas? Cheers.

D
make sure you have the latest version of the sync software. Version 3.1.1 I think. If you have upgraded the firmware online but not your sync software I think it can cause problems.

Also, if you only add contacts to your phone then sync change the settings to always write from the phone to PC.
Old 31 March 2005, 06:30 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Thanks mate I'll check the sync version tomorr. You can update the firmware ONLINE? Thought you had to go to post it off to a service centre to have it flashed - which is why I never bothered???
Old 31 March 2005, 08:01 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Diesel
Thanks mate I'll check the sync version tomorr. You can update the firmware ONLINE? Thought you had to go to post it off to a service centre to have it flashed - which is why I never bothered???
Yep. I did mine when I had my P900.

http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?...s1_1&pid=10101

You can now also get a hacked version of the P910i firmware on the P900. It's stable and works well I hear but there are some Bluetooth issues with headsets apparently. The main advantage of this is you can then use the Duo Pro cards. Upto 1Gb at the mo. I guess it depends on your needs regarding BT. If you want more info I can link threads for you to read
Old 01 April 2005, 07:57 AM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

@STiWanna

do you not need expensive software to hack the firmware in the phone? you might be able to get the firmware but putting it on the phone is slightly harder IIRC. could you post the links anyways. sorry for the hijack
Old 01 April 2005, 08:30 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bigsinky
@STiWanna

do you not need expensive software to hack the firmware in the phone? you might be able to get the firmware but putting it on the phone is slightly harder IIRC. could you post the links anyways. sorry for the hijack

You do need special software yes and an expensive dongle to do it so the best thing to do is to send it to people to get it done. they where offering to do it for free at first while people tested the firmware but as a number of people are now running it fine they charge about £25-£30 I believe.

I'll find and post the links.
Old 01 April 2005, 08:44 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=68692

http://my-symbian.com/forum/viewtopi...+p910+firmware

There are links to other threads in the my-symbian thread.
Old 03 April 2005, 07:23 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

BLUETOOTH ISSUES???? This is the single biggest reasons I swear these days - my SonyEricsson bluetooth headset often drops out during calls. Absolute PITA!

Thanks for the other tips guys - I re-synced again and it didnt do the delete on the 'test' entries I put in this time... Bugs galore this fab phone...