Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

GT4 Lan game

Search this Thread

Old 27 March 2005, 11:21 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts
Default GT4 Lan game

Myself and some friends tried the LAN options yesterday, four player. Setup was pretty simple with just a few things to note.

Make sure you fill up your favorites list and make sure you save before entering a race. You have to reset all of the playstations if you want to back out again and if you don't save you have to fill your favorites again... as I found out many times.

You have to let the host enter LAN mode first, only way it works.

The racing and replays were excellent, but could be improved. One niggle was that at the end of the race it cuts back to the opening page before you get to see everyones lap times.

Some modifications seemed to carry over, my Spec C was very low and my STi7 Wagon was faster than it should have been... great when my friends were all running EVO's.

We couldn't get it to work using a broadband router with four port switch - even with two network professionals in the house - moved to el cheapo hub and everything worked first time.

Overall highly recommended, a whole lot better than playing online although a lot more effort was involved.