Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

NFS Underground 2

Search this Thread

Old 22 February 2005, 09:20 PM
CEL
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy NFS Underground 2

Okay, im not the most patient person in the world and have tried very hard to persist with this game. I'm now at the stage where im getting seriously pi$$ed off with it... what the hell do i have to do to get something other than a vauxhall corsa or some shed like an old shape Toyota Corolla?

I've won everthing (i think) on the first stage of the game but i dont seem to be able to progress any further, IE im stuck with a stage 1 upgradge on all my sheds and cant get any further..

Please, please, please HELP!!!

thanks

Chris
Old 22 February 2005, 09:34 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

have you unlocked all the shops for that stage?
if you do you get new stuff when a bodyshop amd such is unlocked

this then puts your star rateing up, which gives you more dvd covers and stuff
Old 22 February 2005, 09:36 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

buying stuff from megalow parts i think restricts you to level 2 or sumthing from memory, there is other shops out there that let you buy the extreme packages and stuff (when you get a bit further)
Old 22 February 2005, 11:46 PM
CEL
Scooby Regular

Thanks for that Micky, hmmm u don't think i've got as far as CD covers yet... had a few magazine dudes wanting to take pics of the car ( god knows why ) but still... im sure i got some parts from megalow.... grrrr, i just want something that can be slightly competative instead of something that is only just capable of dealing with the races im trying to win. Yeah i know.. it's part of the game blah blah blah.... but seriously, i cant be bothered with it!!! o.O

OK... no more whining
Old 22 February 2005, 11:48 PM
The_Gza
Scooby Regular

Have you won enough of the challenge races? It won't let you progress unless you've beaten a certain number of challengers when cruising round the streets.
Old 22 February 2005, 11:55 PM
CEL
Scooby Regular

AH HAAAAAA!!!!!!!.. dammit.... and i thought they were just some lame optional extra type of thing.... thanks Gza I'm off to try it out......
Old 23 February 2005, 12:00 AM
Alas
Scooby Regular

Go to world map and there you can check out if you have finished all the races required. Just go to stage 1 and arrow down through all the races and will show if completed or not. You don't need to race the cruisers in Stage 1 to get extras just finish all the races and a new sponsor will get offered to you.
Cheers Alas
Old 23 February 2005, 12:10 AM
CEL
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Alas
Go to world map and there you can check out if you have finished all the races required. Just go to stage 1 and arrow down through all the races and will show if completed or not. You don't need to race the cruisers in Stage 1 to get extras just finish all the races and a new sponsor will get offered to you.
Cheers Alas
But, but, but, i did that already!!!! Got some sponsor of some kind and did whatever crap i was supposed to do for them ... maybe im just too old for this carry on??
Old 23 February 2005, 10:35 AM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

I finished the whole game using just the Corsa

To get to the next level, you have to find all the hidden shops in the area (not just parts, but body shop, paint shops etc). Also if you challenge some of the other cars driving around to outrun races, you can sometimes get unique parts that way as well (as prizes).
Old 23 February 2005, 08:06 PM
Jim_B
Scooby Regular

I think pressing "T" [ just the letter ] on the keyboard will bring up a status window - on one of the pages on that I think it shows you how many out of the total number of hidden shops/garages you have found.
Old 23 February 2005, 08:36 PM
jbryant
Scooby Regular

Chase some hooligans around the streets to progress. When all the races dried up for me, that was the only way to continue.

Also look for shops, using the clues given in text messages. They always have brightly coloured streetlamps outside teh entrance. Check the map for strange looking roads that lead nowhere and many of these have shops in the end.

BTW, as soon as you get the chance, go for the 350Z. It's the absolute danglies when jazzed up

Joolz