Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Exchange 2003 - What can I use to find out what went off?

Search this Thread

Old 18 February 2005, 11:42 AM
Ubik
Scooby Regular

Location: Covered in stickers in the year of the HUGE concrete
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Exchange 2003 - What can I use to find out what went off?

Never poked around with the log files. I need to work out what happened yesterday when a user opened an archive of his old mail within outlook. All his mail was uploaded onto the server into the general enquiries account.

He is yelling and balling his fecking head off. I need to document how this happened and why.

I presume the client program uploaded this stuff (all of his email since 2003) as I can not see how the server would initiate anything. It had to be his own actions that did this.

One thing I did notice was there many many authentication errors in the security log. This guy is always f**king about with his laptop, I presume for some reason exchange has dumped his mail in the general account due to some security problem as the events were logged around the time exchange was 'busy'.

The trouble is the bloke is my co-director not an employee so I have to treat him with kid gloves. I would much rather give him a pen and paper and throw the laptop out of the window.

Any help would be appreciated.

David
Old 18 February 2005, 04:33 PM
sillysi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only time I have ever seen something like this is when a user imported his archive into the public folder which is visible in Outlook. As everyone had access to the public folder everyone saw his e-mails.