Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Forza Motor****.

Search this Thread

Old 05 January 2005, 12:36 PM
Sith
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forza Motor****.

Played the demo on the Official Xbox mag. What rubbish. The normal cars braking is woefull. Touch the brakes and the ABS kicks in, thought I was doing something wrong, gently squeezed the trigger, no abs still comes on, ok, switch of ABS, always play without it anyway, touch the brake peddle, screeeeeeeeeeeeeeee *thump* b ollocks. Never reaised a Scoobs brakes were so vicious

Tried the Fezza, nope the same. The cars were unwilling to turn into the corner, even tried braking early and turning in still reluctant, tried the Scandanavian flick, controlls were so slugginsh that didn't work.

In short, it's pap. Even the engine sounds were off, and not loud enough from the external views. I wanted to hear that Ferrari engine scream, it didn't.

GT4 killer, pfffffff don't think so. I soooo wanted to like Forza. Sticking to BO3, Proj Goth 2 and Toca R D 2.
Old 05 January 2005, 01:12 PM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...

Cheers mate - you've just saved me some cash as I was gonna buy that mag for the demo...
Old 05 January 2005, 01:14 PM
Mogsi
Scooby Regular

Few people on here felt the same when they played the demo last year, I can only hope it is not a final version and they will fix all the 'issues'....

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthrea...ght=Forza+Demo
Old 05 January 2005, 03:33 PM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

It will be crap, they always hype these new games up going on about all the "new developments" and how they are a GT beater, then when released they are crap.

I honestly think driving game developers just aren't into cars at all, they always get it so wrong.
Old 05 January 2005, 03:45 PM
messiah
Scooby Regular

At least Kazunori Yamauchi (sp) from Polyphony is a Petrolhead, I was starting to wonder if GT4 will live up to the hype it's had - just been watchiting some in game footage of the Nurburgring & Le Sarthe (Le Mans) tracks, the latter is especially stunning - really gives a feeling of speed and clinging on for dear life.

Only another 7 weeks to go...
Old 05 January 2005, 03:55 PM
sammyh
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Have to agree the Forza demo was god awfull

Gt3 is still very good, but looks a little dated against my personal favs Gotham 2 and Toca Race driver, I hope Gt4 is as good as it looks and plays well otherwise i'll be hoping PGR3 comes out quickly.
Old 05 January 2005, 05:22 PM
Scooby-Doo
Scooby Regular

I bought the mag for the demo

Even switched controller as I thought it had broken. Possibly the worst driving game i have ever played.
Old 05 January 2005, 06:17 PM
Sith
Scooby Regular

There are people who like it.

http://forum.officialxboxmagazine.co...er=asc&start=0
Old 05 January 2005, 09:57 PM
chrisowe
Scooby Regular

Bought the magazine just for the demo, wasted £5.99 as the mag is total cack as well.
Old 06 January 2005, 08:49 AM
Muffleman
Scooby Regular

Don't mean to go 'off-topic' but this is a real case in point for downloading. I've played a number of demo's before, then played the actual game later and found that they couldn't have been more different. If my purchasing decisions were based on demos, I wouldn't have bought as many games as I have.

I've really been looking forward to Forza as it promised so much. I love the GT series, but kinda been there done that 3 times now, and the Xbox is simply a superior machine to the PS2. But if I spent £40 on Forza and it sucks as much as the demo, how annoyed will I be ?!?

I will definitely be downloading this first, but I'm very disappointed so far
Old 06 January 2005, 08:59 AM
gregjd
Scooby Regular

I say give them the benefit of the doubt for now. Demo code is often cack compared to the final game. I thought it was OK for what it's worth. I'm sure it won't compete with GT4 in terms of cars or tracks but XBox live play may make up for this somewhat..
Old 06 January 2005, 10:04 AM
Scooby-Doo
Scooby Regular

IMHO they would have been better off not releasing the demo until it resembled final code. As for live play it will be more like destruction derby at each and every corner
Old 06 January 2005, 10:11 AM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Muffleman
I will definitely be downloading this first, but I'm very disappointed so far
How about waiting until it's released and reading the reviews and reaction on the internet. That's what I do and it's legal....
Old 06 January 2005, 10:36 AM
angrynorth
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Iain Young
How about waiting until it's released and reading the reviews and reaction on the internet. That's what I do and it's legal....
Or even better, Muffle, how about renting it from Blockbuster. That way you get to play the game for real and you don't have to steal anything
Old 06 January 2005, 11:05 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

>Or even better, Muffle, how about renting it from Blockbuster. That way you get to >play the game for real and you don't have to steal anything

More people should do this, not just for games but for movies as well. A lot of people could go back to dial up and spend their savings in a local shop rather than lining the pockets of ISP's and robbing industry.
Old 06 January 2005, 11:15 AM
Muffleman
Scooby Regular

To be honest you do have fair points. I do actually rent from Blockbuster occasionally. But magazine reviews are the opinion of one person, and are often way-off. Internet reaction is okay and I used this when deciding not to buy Joint Ops:Escalation, but again this is the view of others and not mine.

And as for going back to dialup - that's just daft I'm afraid. Dialup isn't much cheaper than basic broadband, and you're browsing would be painfully slow.

But lets not do this arguement again eh lads Back to Forza..........
Old 06 January 2005, 12:24 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisowe
Bought the magazine just for the demo, wasted £5.99 as the mag is total cack as well.
Better than wasting £40 on the game I guess.
Old 06 January 2005, 12:30 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

>And as for going back to dialup - that's just daft I'm afraid.

Agreed.

I'll be renting Forza when it comes out.
Old 06 January 2005, 06:00 PM
Twigster Home
Scooby Regular

I thought it was quite good TBH. A little over-sensitive on the brakes for definite, but presumably on the full version there will be scope to adjust the trigger sensitivity etc?? If not then they have some serious problems, but overall the handling and acceleration were promising.

Have to agree on the engine noises though, when will anyone (GT included) get this right? Don't they realise that we don't want soundtracks, just the lovely screams of a 360 or the burble of a scooby!! Anything has to be better than this pap!!!
Old 06 January 2005, 07:59 PM
chrisowe
Scooby Regular

To be fair if you buy any game from Game you get 14 days money back guarantee if your not satisfied. Done it with a few games.
Old 06 January 2005, 11:06 PM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Twigster Home
I thought it was quite good TBH. A little over-sensitive on the brakes for definite, but presumably on the full version there will be scope to adjust the trigger sensitivity etc?? If not then they have some serious problems, but overall the handling and acceleration were promising.

Have to agree on the engine noises though, when will anyone (GT included) get this right? Don't they realise that we don't want soundtracks, just the lovely screams of a 360 or the burble of a scooby!! Anything has to be better than this pap!!!
I think the engine notes in NFSU2 are pretty cool, everything else is lame though
Old 06 January 2005, 11:07 PM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

I mean other games engine notes are lame, not everything else in NFSU2 - this is an excellent game, didnt think it would be my cup of tea but its great, just a shame I have no time to play on it at the mo
Old 07 January 2005, 09:56 AM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chrisowe
To be fair if you buy any game from Game you get 14 days money back guarantee if your not satisfied. Done it with a few games.
So have I - quite often when I've completed it or it's turned out to be a steaming pile of poo...
Old 09 January 2005, 08:43 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think if they sort the handling it has potential, way too understeery. I thought the sound effects were really good, the engine noises seemed authentic, certainly better than PGR2 and GT3, the impression of acceleration and speed was superb.

Unless I hear the handling has been sorted I wont buy it, way to frustrating, so nearly there but not.
Old 14 January 2005, 10:12 AM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Right, decided to go out and "try for myself" on this, so got the demo last night, and...

I really like it

The braking issue needs sorting, but for realism the driving is great. You just have to set the car up properly as on a real circuit - brake early, throw it in, apex, then power it and it works well.

Had some great tussles in the Ferrari with the Porsche etc. It has real potential, and providing they sort the brakes out and a few other things it could be brilliant. At least the AI is better than GT I actually had the Viper move to the inside and block me on a few corners, and it proved a challenge to actually pass him. Also love how the AI cars can spin off as well.

All in all, it looks promising.
Old 14 January 2005, 10:19 AM
RB5-Black
Scooby Regular

I'm with you DW. Got the demo for myself. The Brakes need fixing but I think it will be good. People don't like it because you have to think about driving the car rather than throwing it at the corners.
Old 14 January 2005, 11:24 AM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Well i'll be buying it anyway, imagine how cracking it would be with a wheel and pedals
Old 14 January 2005, 12:00 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RB5-Black

My Thoughts exactly !
Old 15 January 2005, 04:15 PM
Twigster Home
Scooby Regular

Agreed. I may have to splash out on a wheel myself!!! (If there is a good one by then!!). I know what you mean about the sound on NFSU2 as well, scooby actually sounds like a scooby which is almost unheard of!!

I disagree on forza though, ok the 360 and the Porsche sounded ok but the GT1 etc all sounded absolutely nothing like their counterparts and that is inexcusable on a game that professes to be a simulation.
Old 15 January 2005, 05:03 PM
TheSquirrel
Scooby Regular

Dont wanna go off topic but GT4 is so good in respect to the car sounds. The sounds of a STI V2 std is spot on when blipping the throttle and under load. When you fit headers and induction it changes to a more raspy tone. I willl probably buy Forza when it is released but having played GT4 it will have to be of extremely high standards to beat GT4. The XBox game i am desperate for is GTR, now that looks the god damn buisiness.

Hi Twigster how you doing? I have a new mobile number i will PM you it later on. Sorry i have not been on Live but the PS2 has snuck its way back in with WRC4 and now GT4. After so long gathering dust it has not been played so much in all its life. When GTR finally arrives, damn Krauts, the XBox will probably see a few more hours whittled away on live. Say hi to Chris and co when you speak to them

Grant

Quick Reply: Forza Motor****.