Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Dell Laptop buying Advice

Search this Thread

Old 16 December 2004, 12:52 PM
molko
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dell Laptop buying Advice

Hi i intend to puchase a dell laptop, this one infact http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/pr...hs1&l=en&s=dhs
i think it seems a reasonable price etc..

I noticed that someone on this board works for Dell, is it better to buy before Christmas or would it be better to wait 'till after in the Jan sales, are there better deals to be had after the festive season ?

Thanks
Old 16 December 2004, 01:27 PM
RallyMarshal
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive got a 510m as my main laptop with the 1.7Ghz processor, 512MB RAM, 60Gb HDD and the 15" SXGA screen and Ive been very impressed by it. Battery life is good, its fairly light and seems well built. Feels less flimsy than some of the others in the range and is well priced.

They just changed the offers over last night from Free Delivery to free double memory which may or may not suit you. As with all things, this price will be bettered at some point but I really cant see huge reductions as its already very well priced.

Have a look at the models on offer within the small business section ( http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/pr...hs1&l=en&s=bsd ) as well - theres more of a choice of specs. The N1210X is a cracking choice for businesses as it includes Windows XP Pro FOC as well but isnt showing the double memory - I suspect thats an error as it should be according to their promo rules.

Just remember that the Dell site always chooses 3yr warranty for you (downgrade to 1yr C&R if you want that instead) and that the prices need delivery @ £49 extra plus the small business store need VAT @ 17.5% on the lot as well to get your "paid" price.

HTH

Paul..
Old 16 December 2004, 02:05 PM
stevencotton
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Place the order over the phone lest they don't bother getting back to you and a week later cancel