Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Half Life Generation

Search this Thread

Old 22 November 2004, 07:28 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Half Life Generation

I know its an old game now and me being tight an all my mate plays counter strike and since I got my PC at home wouldnt mind challenging him to a few games an all that, he sent me this game (u dont need the CD after its installed) and Ive got it all up and running, now Ive tried to run the game though Steam but the key code for the game is no good cause its already registered under his name so Im stuck???? any1 used to use this game but now have HL2 and unregstered the original game that I could "pinch" the key code for please??? Im really running out of ideas, not paying £20 for such an old game new and all the 1's on ebay are obviously used so cant guarentee I'll not have the same problems... any1 fancy helping a fellow scoobynetter out? even some suggestions would be great, even downloaded a key code generator which didnt help

Dave
Old 22 November 2004, 07:42 PM
Daz34
Scooby Regular

Mods are gonna vape this
Old 22 November 2004, 08:40 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

why? whats wrong with it? surely some is allowed to give me a key code if theyve finished with it and probably wont ever use it again? not asking for anything illegal as the game aint owned by steam its just an interface that you run the game though... no?
Old 22 November 2004, 08:53 PM
jjones
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

half life 2 is out (you can get it for 26 quid from gameplay). cs is dying and cs source (hl2 - counter strike) is the new king.
Old 23 November 2004, 12:03 AM
Daz34
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davegtt
why? whats wrong with it? surely some is allowed to give me a key code if theyve finished with it and probably wont ever use it again? not asking for anything illegal as the game aint owned by steam its just an interface that you run the game though... no?
Correct me if I am wrong but you are asking for a keycode for a game. You cannot use the original keycode that came with the disc as your mate has installed the game with the same disc on his pc with that code. When they manufacture a disc it is one keycode per disc.
If that is the case then it is piracy. I am not being judgemental if that is the case, I am just aware what SN's position is on this matter.
If I am mistaken then I apologise.

Darren
Old 23 November 2004, 12:24 AM
Prince Popeye
BANNED

'If that is the case then it is piracy. I am not being judgemental if that is the case, I am just aware what SN's position is on this matter.
If I am mistaken then I apologise.'

LOL get a life Darren. Jobsworth if I ever saw one. Why not report him to Trading standards u plank
Old 23 November 2004, 01:23 AM
Daz34
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Prince Popeye
'If that is the case then it is piracy. I am not being judgemental if that is the case, I am just aware what SN's position is on this matter.
If I am mistaken then I apologise.'

LOL get a life Darren. Jobsworth if I ever saw one. Why not report him to Trading standards u plank
LOL look who is still trolling for a life. What's the matter, did your Mom make you tidy your room?
Old 23 November 2004, 07:51 AM
MJW
Scooby Senior

You can buy the first Half Life for £7.99 delivered from play.com
Old 23 November 2004, 09:46 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

cheers for that but they havent had any stock in for ages always checking back for a copy....

and FYI Daz, the key code is not to install the game cause I have already installed it and have it all up and running but to register the game online with a particular server I need the key code which has already been registered. its not piracy is it because I aint using copied disks or anything..... my mate has an unused copy of a game which he has given/sold to me and he is well within his rights to do so and Im well within my rights to take/buy it if I wish, I just need a code to register the game online.
Old 23 November 2004, 10:24 AM
BlkKnight
Scooby Regular

Now that CD's and games can be easliy copied & have their copy-protection bypassed, manufractures have moved to the "CD-KEY" as a means to protect them from pricacy.

If your m8 sold you the game "lock stock and barrel" then he should stop using the CD-Key and uninstalll his game so that you might be able to use it on-line. If he has registered the CD Key with his steam account, then you are buggered as AFAIK it can't be removed.

Copyright terms and conditions: The game cannot be resold or lent, borrowed etc.

Go and Buy Half-life2
Old 23 November 2004, 10:28 AM
MJW
Scooby Senior

If your friend un-installs Half Life 1 and Steam from his system, then buys Half Life 2 and creates a new Steam account, you could use the old Steam account and CD key.

BTW, BlkKnight I had a go on your Source server last night, great fun !
Old 23 November 2004, 06:44 PM
Daz34
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BlkKnight
Now that CD's and games can be easliy copied & have their copy-protection bypassed, manufractures have moved to the "CD-KEY" as a means to protect them from pricacy.

If your m8 sold you the game "lock stock and barrel" then he should stop using the CD-Key and uninstalll his game so that you might be able to use it on-line. If he has registered the CD Key with his steam account, then you are buggered as AFAIK it can't be removed.

Copyright terms and conditions: The game cannot be resold or lent, borrowed etc.

Go and Buy Half-life2
What he says
Old 23 November 2004, 11:29 PM
Prince Popeye
BANNED

'LOL look who is still trolling for a life. What's the matter, did your Mom make you tidy your room?'

Personally Daz I just couldnt't believe your petty attitude towards a simple question. The man was asking for a half-life key not 100 copies of the latest cinema release!!! Yet there's always one sad gimp like yourself ready to tell him the rights and wrongs.

Bet your a right hoot at work. methinks not.
Old 23 November 2004, 11:54 PM
Daz34
Scooby Regular

Personally Daz I just couldnt't believe your petty attitude towards a simple question. The man was asking for a half-life key not 100 copies of the latest cinema release!!! Yet there's always one sad gimp like yourself ready to tell him the rights and wrongs.

Bet your a right hoot at work. methinks not.
And we know you are the saddo who only gets to interact on here & with your mommy. It's proven on here that you don't have what it takes to back up the insults that you dish out. You are all mouth & short trousers.

Sad w@nker
Old 23 November 2004, 11:58 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

I'll send you a key in a bit
Old 24 November 2004, 12:49 AM
Prince Popeye
BANNED

'It's proven on here that you don't have what it takes to back up the insults that you dish out.'

Can u read what I've put you plank? I've simply insulted your pathetic view on very petty piracy albeit stealing an ancient half-life key. Thats all
Old 24 November 2004, 07:04 AM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

I've sent him a key of a dis-used copy. Therefore no stealing as it will only get played by him.
Old 24 November 2004, 09:18 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Cheers SiDHEaD mucho appriciated
Old 25 November 2004, 09:28 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

SiDHEaD, That key worked, thanks
Old 25 November 2004, 09:46 AM
SiDHEaD