Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Need a URL/Network PAcket sniffer

Search this Thread

Old 09 November 2004, 07:05 PM
rb5_336
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a URL/Network PAcket sniffer

the wealth of knowledge on this forum knows no bounds, so here's another test of this theory

I have an application then when i choose an option is pops up another browser window to display data. The thing is it doesnt display an address bar, so i have no idea what the URL behind that window is, and i REALLY need to know

is there any client software i can install thats shows what URLs or HTTP calls are being made from my client ?

cheers
sean
Old 09 November 2004, 07:09 PM
elgordano
Scooby Regular

do a search for ethereal or use the built in XP network monitor.
Old 09 November 2004, 07:12 PM
sunnybono
Scooby Regular

go to your start menu, then select run, type cmd, hit enter. when you have the box open type netstat, then enter. this will show you all your active network connections. try and have as little open as possible so that you can work out what connection is from program or IE session
Old 09 November 2004, 07:22 PM
rb5_336
Scooby Regular

netstat certainly is helpful thanks, i'll have a look at ethereal also, as id like to know more detail
Old 09 November 2004, 07:31 PM
porlkertus
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rb5_336
the wealth of knowledge on this forum knows no bounds, so here's another test of this theory

I have an application then when i choose an option is pops up another browser window to display data. The thing is it doesnt display an address bar, so i have no idea what the URL behind that window is, and i REALLY need to know

is there any client software i can install thats shows what URLs or HTTP calls are being made from my client ?

cheers
sean
If you want to know the lot (and i mean everything), you need a copy of etherpeek NX, its made by wildpackets. Have a look in your usual p2p haunt for it.