Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

MDAC 2.8

Search this Thread

Old 01 October 2004, 12:18 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Question MDAC 2.8

Guys I'm having troubles installing the above on work win2k pro sp2 box. Install simply says, 'Setup Could not complete - Setup cannot be completed because an error was encountered during setup, please contact software vendor'

We have MDAC 2.7 SP1 currently installed. Ive tried everything including installin 2.5 then tryin 2.8, installin 2.7 then 2.8.
Also tried the component checker and dll list tools, to see if there are any dlls running or conflicts, nothing worked.
MS site suggests closing services that MDAC uses, but I dont know what these services are.
MS site suggests checkin registry entries for ODBCINST, these are fine.
I also Tried extracting the setup file and runnin it that way, nogo.
Tried running setup with logging, but no log is produced.

Any ideas on why it wont install please?

Edited to say the MDAC install worked on about 2 pcs out of 6. They are all using the same desktop build!

Last edited by bioforger; 01 October 2004 at 12:21 PM.
Old 04 October 2004, 11:42 AM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Tough one this, but as I'm a genius I found the solution if any1 ever has a problem with it

Ok so if exists this reg key needs to be deleted;

'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Cur rentVersion\Setup\ExceptionComponents'

Backup / Export the key incase it affects any other application before deleting. Then install MDAC 2.8, and all sbe fine.