Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Need an encryptable CD solution please

Search this Thread

Old 21 September 2004, 10:30 AM
BuRR
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need an encryptable CD solution please

Ok.... What I need is as follows (also needs to be free or nearly free - and I mean LEGALLY )

Anyway:

I need a solution that will enable me to send out images on an encrypted CD / DVD that can decrypt on the fly on any PC once a token / password is input. Ideally, the decryption would be time-limited and would expire after a time, requiring the password inputting again.

Anyone got any ideas? Currently we're using a version of PC Guardian, but we're experiencing a few technical issues with it at the moment.

Oh.. and the encryption would need to be pretty substantial.

Thanks.
Old 21 September 2004, 10:53 AM
angrynorth
Scooby Regular

Win Zip the contents first?
Old 21 September 2004, 10:56 AM
lightning101
Scooby Regular

Yep - use winzip or winrar - linked to an autorun frontend using something like autoplay menu studio, so that when the CD boots it takes you straight to automatic unzip - so password needs to be done first. Also make sure your password is a good mix of letters and numbers. e.g.

er32gt65
Old 21 September 2004, 10:56 AM
BuRR
Scooby Regular

We've already tried it, and it's not too good, as the pictures will need to be extracted to a temporary location first, and tbh we need them to be produced in a web-page type layout.

I was thinking maybe of virtual machines, or Knoppix, but trying to educate less-than-able people to work these might be a problem

I need the pc to not have anything on it once the CD is removed.
Old 21 September 2004, 10:58 AM
lightning101
Scooby Regular

Autoplay menu studio has this feature built in - I think, will check and return.
Old 21 September 2004, 11:07 AM
lightning101
Scooby Regular

Is this what your after:

SecurDataStor Premium – Data Encryption and Document Control for SMEs. by encryptXOverview:
encryptX SecurDataStor™ Premium is a strong data encryption software solution for Windows enabled for fine control over access and distribution of confidential information through robust permission management features. Designed for small to medium enterprises, the program reconciles information sharing and collaboration with cost-effective protection of valuable data.

ENABLING PERSISTENT DATA SECURITY BEYOND the NETWORK

SecurDataStor is designed to facilitate information and file sharing while protecting business files from compromise and intellectual property theft as well as providing regulatory compliance with data protection laws. It extends the notion of information security beyond virus protection and firewalls to the data itself, whether secure data is in transit or at rest.

WHO USES SECURDATASTOR?

-- 20,000 users worldwide including IBM, ADP, and Sloan-Kettering. SecurDataStor is recommended by Accenture and Laptop magazine.

-- Consultants and business travelers vulnerable to laptop theft share data confidently with headquarters, clients, and remote employees.

-- Companies that seek to reduce legal liability by complying with the data protection requirements of Grahmm Leach Bliley, Sarbanes Oxley, HIPAA, and California SB 1386.

-- Companies outsourcing work to remote employees or consultants.

-- Financial and health organizations, private detectives and law enforcement officials, human resources executives and media publishers.

-- Customers implementing secure, encrypted archives and data storage -- financial and tax records, passwords, legal documents and sensitive personal information.

STRONG FILE ENCRYPTION SOFTWARE

Written in C++ to maximize performance and minimize footprint, SecurDataStor can encrypt large volumes of data in moments. Using powerful 448-bit blowfish encryption and a server-less authentication model, this file encryption software creates a wrapper around encrypted data and stores access permissions in that wrapper.

PERMISSION RIGHTS MANAGEMENT

Document rights management features control access to confidential company information at a granular level. Users can set detailed permissions on secure data, providing varying levels of access for different recipients of the same files. Time expiration, permission to view, share, modify or save can all be set by the user, for each recipient. Recipients can view encrypted email and decrypt files without buying encryptX software.

INTEGRATED MASTERING OF ENCRYPTED CD/DVD

Enabled with a CD/DVD burning engine, SecurDataStor allows users to master encrypted CD/DVDs directly from within the application. This secure electronic publishing feature gives companies the capability to distribute confidential information widely and cost-effectively without compromising its integrity.

An audit trail feature enables users to track archives of information that were shared, with whom, and with what permissions, providing vital information that can be used for compliance with data protection regulations.

CUSTOMIZATION

SecurDataStor can be customized for OEM manufacturers of various types of media including CDs, DVDs, and flash memory devices. SecurDataStor can also be configured to work with DES, triple DES, Rijndael and Twofish encryption algorithms. Additional customization options include batch interface for high volume media production and configuration for PKI, biometric and smart card interfaces.

A Microsoft certified partner, encryptX software is Microsoft verified for Windows XP.
Old 21 September 2004, 11:13 AM
lightning101
Scooby Regular

I also have a 2mb prog called CD Protector pro V3, that i'm sure I coould mail to you if you want to look at it.

Trending Topics

Old 21 September 2004, 11:27 AM
BuRR
Scooby Regular

I need FREE though.. I'll take a look.

ta
Old 21 September 2004, 01:47 PM
lightning101
Scooby Regular

I'm not going to charge you - it didn't cost me anything, and it the full working version.

Old 21 September 2004, 02:34 PM
BuRR
Scooby Regular

er....... you know what I mean....... don't you?