Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

File too large to burn on CD? Multiple bin/cue files on DVD?

Search this Thread

Old 14 August 2004, 10:22 AM
ernie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default File too large to burn on CD? Multiple bin/cue files on DVD?

hello all,

I have three files of three CDs each in bin/cue file format which I need to burn so that I can then install them.

Nero says at 703meg the first CD is too big to fit on a CD. I then tried burning all THREE Cd's onto DVD. However, when I tell Nero to open files of an Image type (.nrg, .iso, .cue) it only lets me select one .cue file before it wants to burn. I can't work out how it will let me select all THREE .cue files for all THREE CD's I wish to burn. Obviously I could use three seperate DVDs but its a waste.

Any help how to solve this appreciated

Thanks
Old 14 August 2004, 11:52 AM
Chris_
Scooby Regular

Not sure exactly what you mean but you can buy CD's that will hold more than 700 Mb
Old 14 August 2004, 02:14 PM
Gareth Allan
Scooby Regular

Well, step one is to check to see if you can overburn the CD - this is a common practise and you should get loads of help if you do a search for 'overburn cd'

Otherwise, what you can do is use a tool like 'alcohol 120%' to mount the images. This allows you to create a virtual disk on your PC out of the image, from where you can then copy all the files to your hard drive. Repeat for each image then burn downloaded files to DVD

Gareth
Old 16 August 2004, 08:59 AM
scoobylover
Scooby Regular

Its doing that because you are opening the .cue files so Nero is assuming correctly that you want to burn the associated .bin for that .cue

A cue sheet contains a set of instructions track data etc for burning the associated bin file only.

What you need to do is to insert your bank dvd, and create a dvd DATA disc, this will allow you to select multiple files of any type and you can drag and drop them onto the disc, then burn.

As mentioned above once you have recorded your bins to dvd you can thuse alcohol or daemon tools to create a 'pretend' dvd drive and mount the .bins so you can run them through there.

Hope that helps.