Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Domain Host

Search this Thread

Old 05 August 2004, 01:46 PM
Scooby-Doo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Domain Host

It looks like my current Domain provider has done a runner and the company are impossible to contact for new or existing business. The site and mail are still live but if I encounter a problem I'm screwed !!!! The site is registered until 2006 with my provider and I assume their is no easy way of me proving the site belongs to me except for the original purchase email. Does anyone know how I can go about transferring the site to another provider based on the fact the site is still live but there is no one to contact ?

Any help appreciated

David
Old 05 August 2004, 01:54 PM
suba
Scooby Regular

are you the owner of the domain? i know some company "own" your domain to lock you down. i think to transfer your domain, you will need the TAG from your current hosting company.
Old 11 August 2004, 09:28 AM
RichB
Scooby Regular

go to www.nic.uk or www.netsol.com to check the details of the domain, if it's a UK registered domain, (.co.uk .org.uk etc) you could try contacting Nominet and getting them to re-tag the domain to someone else, if it's a .com I'm not sure. You could try moving it to someone like easily and letting them try and sort it out. This is assuming they registered the domain in your name and not theirs...