Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

DRIV3R

Search this Thread

Old 22 July 2004, 09:33 PM
prodriva
Scooby Regular

Location: "Every one should have a friend called Dave - they're the human equivalent of a Swiss Army knife!!"
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post DRIV3R

Just completed it and I have to say that I'm dissapointed with the games lifespan. I remember the original going on for ever and a day. The second one came out and I didnt think much of it when I played it at a mates house so didnt buy it for myself.

Dont get me wrong though DRIV3R is a very good game. The graphics and gameplay are great and some of the levels are bloody hard. I just wish they had given it a longer lifespan.

To sum it up I preferred GTA Vice City, now that is a game you can play for months and months and months and not get bored at all.

I'll definatley be trading in my copy of DRIV3R against GTA San Andreas when that comes out.

For those who have DRIV3R, what are your thoughts on it. Am I the only one dissapointed by it???
Old 23 July 2004, 10:02 AM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have it on xbox and I'm shocked that I'm already a third of the way through and I haven't completed that many missions or played it that much yet. I haven't played it for about 2 weeks though since I got rally sport challenge 2

The cities are huge though compared to GTA but I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing. The cities don't have that much that you can actually do and there aren't that many buildings that you can access

The missions are very hard at times and very frustrating

The police chases are excellent but the vehicles are limited to how fast they go That is one thing about the game that p!sses me off.

I like the fact that it has hidden extras like the kart track

Overall it's not bad but GTA is better.

Paul
Old 23 July 2004, 12:44 PM
prodriva
Scooby Regular

Location: "Every one should have a friend called Dave - they're the human equivalent of a Swiss Army knife!!"
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by paulpalmer
I have it on xbox and I'm shocked that I'm already a third of the way through and I haven't completed that many missions or played it that much yet. I haven't played it for about 2 weeks though since I got rally sport challenge 2

The cities are huge though compared to GTA but I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing. The cities don't have that much that you can actually do and there aren't that many buildings that you can access

The missions are very hard at times and very frustrating

The police chases are excellent but the vehicles are limited to how fast they go That is one thing about the game that p!sses me off.

I like the fact that it has hidden extras like the kart track

Overall it's not bad but GTA is better.

Paul

Kart track??? Please explain. I have not found such a thing. It some unlockable bonus or somthing the XBOX version has and the PS2 version doesnt???

I'm intrigued???
Old 23 July 2004, 02:47 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wink

see the X ^ that's where the go kart track is.
..............|
..............|
..............|

You go through the underground sewer down the side of the big hotel and you arrive in a yard, you run up the steps and there's a doorway into a building. Be very careful here because here's on of those Timmy's, you have to kill him and then activate the switch on the wall that will open the gate for you to drive through into the tunnel and out to the kart track. In the pits at the kart track you'll find a kart Personally I like hacking around it on the bike though

You can find more info here

Paul

Last edited by Paulo P; 23 July 2004 at 02:50 PM.