Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Driver parallel lines

Search this Thread

Old 20 March 2006, 10:41 AM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Driver parallel lines

Has anyone played the new driver game yet? I'm a bit wary or buying it after driv3r because that was a let down after the previous 2.
Old 21 March 2006, 12:49 PM
TimWRX01
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Apparently it's much better than the last one and a return to form by all accounts. Not played it myself though.
Old 21 March 2006, 05:04 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

That's good to hear. Has anyone played it or seen a demo yet?
Old 22 March 2006, 03:00 PM
Marc W
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I've been playing it. Certainly much better than Driv3r.

Looks like they've tried to do their own thing rather than copying GTA too much. The cars are amusing in the way they handle, getting away from the coppers is a bit of a riot. The soundtrack is pretty cool - old 70's hits and the cut scenes have actually made me laugh out loud a few times...

The new replacement for Tanner is hilarious - the way he struts about in bad clothes makes me laugh! Control when he is out of the car seems a bit better than previous Driver games.

I've only done a few missions so far but there seems a good variety and the difficulty seems well judged to start with.

Overall I'd give it 7 / 10. Worth getting if you want to kill a few hours but not a must-buy. Much better than than TOCA 3 though which I bought recently and is rubbish and is going on ebay - TOCA 2 on the psp plays much nicer.
Old 22 March 2006, 03:09 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Thanks That might be worth a go then. I am shocked about TOCA3 though. I loved TOCA2 and would have got that. What is wrong with TOCA?
Old 22 March 2006, 03:41 PM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

TOCA3 isn't that bad, although its far from a dirving sim, the tracks are just way too easy and there doesnt seem to be any bends on them.

May try this new Driver game though.

I've only bought 3 games in the last 6 months, whereas I used to average 1 a month - the quality of games is bcoming dire
Old 22 March 2006, 03:57 PM
bob269
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Marc W
I've been playing it. Certainly much better than Driv3r.
So i take it they've fixed the horrific slow down jerkiness as suffered in Driv3r?
Old 23 March 2006, 06:30 PM
Marc W
Scooby Regular

There is still some slow down but only a very small amount and only when there's about 30 cars on screen and 10 of them are upside down cos I've piled into them at 100 mph and there's 3 cops cars on my tail with their lights on... then you get a bit of slow down! lol!

Overall, slow down not a problem...there are a lot of cars on screen during the game and everything runs fine.

TOCA3 - I'm mainly so disappointed with the physics - the Caterhams are particularly pathetic but the off road stuff is truly awful. The lack of decent actual racing which I still really enjoy in TOCA2 is disappointing.

The pathetic rules implementation was the final thing that snapped me and caused me to chuck the handset down for the last time and give up - I like keeping my racing sensibly relaistic, i.e. I try not to chop across hairpins and do 'unrealistic' things to win races. Therefore I like to race with the rules on. However, if you slightly overrun a bend and drop wheels over the kerbs or you even tap another car, you start getting 5 second penalties and then black flags and its just winding me up thining about it......