Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

'send page/link by e-mail' doesn't work, have i deleted the programme?

Search this Thread

Old 29 June 2004, 06:26 AM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 'send page/link by e-mail' doesn't work, have i deleted the programme?

not very computer minded so any advice would be much appreciated, can't seem to use the above function.

the box comes up and i send it, but nothing arrives. this also seems to be the case with sending questions to members on ebay.

have i deleted something i shouldn't have and if so what do i need to re-install it?

wouldn't have a clue what to look for on google etc, so a point in the right direction would be great.

ta
Old 29 June 2004, 07:39 AM
Nick
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You don't say which software you are using or which "send link by mail" option you are using, I'll assume it's IE6. Outlook will block you from sending a .URL attachment because it is (virus) unsafe. Instead you can copy & paste the link into the text body of the email.

Your Ebay issue may be different, you'll have to be very specific with what your Ebay problem is.
Old 29 June 2004, 06:44 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Nick
You don't say which software you are using or which "send link by mail" option you are using, I'll assume it's IE6. Outlook will block you from sending a .URL attachment because it is (virus) unsafe. Instead you can copy & paste the link into the text body of the email.

Your Ebay issue may be different, you'll have to be very specific with what your Ebay problem is.
yep sorry, i'm a total numptie with computers

i use internet explorer 6 and the send page by email bit is when i go to File, go to send>, use drop down menu and select 'page by e-mail'.

this worked up until a couple of weeks ago and yes i have outlook aswell but it hasn't stopped me doing this before.

i had a bit of a frantic clearout of my e: drive the other day to make from to fit the new AOL 9.0 and i think it's there that i've got rid of something i shouldn't have?

the ebay problem is when using the 'contact ebay member' or 'ask seller a question', my message to them seems to be not getting through/ sent.
not sure if these are related problems?
Old 30 June 2004, 06:50 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

bttt
Old 01 July 2004, 04:34 PM
Soulgirl
Scooby Regular

What operating system are you using. Sometimes, a simple 'repair' of your OS will put things back to how they were. For example, pop the OS cd back in the drive and re-boot your pc. Choose to 'repair' if you have that option, if not, need to know what OS you have

Have you also tried putting your IE settings back to default? When you have your IE Browser launched, click Options, Internet Options, Advanced... click Restore Defaults