Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Packet Writing software for CD-RW

Search this Thread

Old 10 June 2004, 01:32 PM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Packet Writing software for CD-RW

Installed a new Lite-on CD-RW into a PC yesterday. Been trying ever since to get the packet writing to work so that they can drag and drop files onto a CD-RW. Formatted the disk. Used both InCd and Roxio but both of them show the disk as 0 bytes free after wards. Not sure what else to try or what may be wrong. Any ideas what else I can do?

Cheers
Old 10 June 2004, 02:15 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

CD-RW's arent particularly reliable. Id advise trying a CD-R; this should be prepared in a few seconds. If this doesnt work, the next step would be to remove restart and re-install the application, although seeing as two seperate apps fail I doubt that this will help. Remember that the two apps may not co-exist, you havent said whether they were both installed together. If this doesnt work write a simple text file and save it on your desktop and then attempt to write it to a CD-R, establishing whether the device works. This might not help, but its the diagnostic procedure that most support desks will take you through. You will have ruled out media, application, and the hardware device; all that leaves is mind-****/known issues

Simon
Old 10 June 2004, 05:20 PM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

Fixed it. Found there were some old HP writing software still installed. Removed those and used the latest verison on InCD. Works great now.

Forgot to say that we were using an HP external before and I though I had removed all the old software for it. Obviuosly not...

Cheers!