Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Playing downloaded v/clips ???

Search this Thread

Old 19 May 2004, 08:20 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Playing downloaded v/clips ???

Please help !!!

running w98, have for a good while now, never worked out why the following problem occurs when trying to view any small video clips that I have downloaded off the net, and now that I have my broadband connection am determined that I will try find a soloution to the following problem??!!

the following message comes up whenever I have d/loaded any video clip -this was not a valid font file

the whole message that was displayed when I tried d/loading a small bike related video tonight was -

c:\windows\temporary internet files\content.ie5\phub8pyj\lanes1(1).wmv was not a valid font file

does this message mean anything to anyone ?? happens all the time on all video downloads !!

please help buy expalining in detail exactly what I am doing wrong ?? or what settings need changed ??

any help would certainly as always be very much appreciatted !!

cheers,
john...
Old 19 May 2004, 08:43 PM
BlueBoy
Scooby Regular

What do the files normally open with - is it your Internet Explorer or Windows Media Player or a 3rd party program???
Old 19 May 2004, 08:43 PM
mj
Scooby Regular

just a guess - your windows 98 is trying to open media clips with a word processing application.

right click on the file in question, as you do press shift
select "open with "
scroll down to find "widows media player" in the list, highlight it and click OK.