Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Photo printing problem

Search this Thread

Old 15 March 2004, 05:16 PM
Walwal
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Photo printing problem

I've got an Epson Stylus Photo 895 printer, and a Kodak DX 3700 3.1 megapixel camera.

I'm trying to print out 2 copies of a photo I've taken of my little laddie sitting on the settee. Going to put them in a frame, and give them to my mother and our lasses mother for mothers day presents (I know, cheap skate).

Anyway, I'm trying to print the photo at 10x8, but his red jumper and black trousers are being printed with a mottled effect. I've just put new black and colour cartridges in today, they are Epson compatibles, not true Epson ones. It was doing the same with the old carts, that's why I changed them. Certain photo's I've done in the past have came out with the same mottled effect, but others have came out fine. I now regularly clean the printer heads because of fear of this happening.

I have cleaned the print heads through the printer preferences, and did the nozzle check, even just after I put the new carts in, seemed fine. I've tried 3 or 4 times with the same photo, some come out worse than others, but some part of every one has been mottled.

Any idea's why this is happening??

Thanks,

Andy.

Edited to say I'm using Kodak paper, and have put in the settings for it as per the sheet that comes with the paper, in the printer preferences. I also have the settings on the LCD screen on the printer set to photo paper, and the quality of print to High.

Last edited by Walwal; 15 March 2004 at 05:25 PM.
Old 15 March 2004, 10:10 PM
john_s
Scooby Regular

It's the kodak paper - the epson printers really don't like printing on it. We used some in our epson printer, and had results as you describe. Try it again with some of the epson paper, and should be much better.

HTH.

John
Old 15 March 2004, 10:19 PM
Walwal
Scooby Regular

I'll try some Epson paper. Now I come to think about it, I never had any bother when I used the few sheets that came with the printer.

Thanks,

Andy.
Old 17 March 2004, 10:09 AM
Walwal
Scooby Regular

Got the Epson paper, printing is spot on.

Thanks John.