Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Bluetooth Headsets

Search this Thread

Old 08 March 2004, 11:24 AM
Dazzler
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Bluetooth Headsets

Anyone recommend the best value headset ? The plantronics M3000 and Jabra seem to have good reviews on Amazon. Anyone use these ?

Cheers
Old 08 March 2004, 12:43 PM
TonyNesta
Scooby Regular

I've been using the Jabra BT200 for over a year, and I'm pleased with it overall.
Paid £80, but I think you can get it much cheaper now, plus the new ones support voice dialling. Depending on usage, the battery lasts a fair while, although the connection can be a bit flaky now and then. I have noticed the unit is susceptible to cold and low charges, dropouts occuring much more often under these conditions.

It also doesn't make you like a Borg refugee, being quite discreet behind the ear. This still doesn't mean you should wear it in the pub, as people will quite rightly take the ****.

Hope this helps.

T
Old 08 March 2004, 12:58 PM
Dazzler
Scooby Regular

Cheers Tony, I might go for the Jabra then, coz the Plantronics looks a bit massive. Would definitely look like I was going to a Star Trek Convention!

Looks like they're 40 quid on Amazon at the mo, which seems a bit of a bargain. Not sure if they're the voice activated ones though.
Old 08 March 2004, 02:17 PM
kelvin
Scooby Regular

Mods, if this isn't allowed then feel free to delete/say so (Not my site but I do "work for" the company in an advertising capacity (hence the sub-domain for performance reasons )

30% discount on Bluetooth Headsets for the meantime here

Fully compatible with all Bluetooth handsets and supportive of voice dialling

K.
Old 08 March 2004, 02:18 PM
Iain
Scooby Regular

I've got the Jabra BT 200, it has a button on top you press to answer calls and make calls.
I use voice dialling on my T610.

So you only ned to press the button to make and end a call :-)

Iain
Old 08 March 2004, 04:02 PM
TonyNesta
Scooby Regular

Don't know how you tell the difference between voice-activated and non-voice activated, my mate has a newer one and its identical to mine. He's on the road a lot, and before he got a Bluetooth car kit installed, he said that wearing the BT200 got a bit uncomfortable after while, but we're talking hours here. I've had mine on for 30-40 minutes with no problem, although I now have it hooked on my cradle so I can put it on if I receive a call.

T
Old 09 March 2004, 05:33 AM
MR Fusion
Scooby Regular

I bought the BT200 a couple of weeks ago, and it hardly leaves my ear these days. I wasn't expecting much for £50, but it seems to do the job really well. It's also really comfortable.

For the first couple of days I got ripped to hell by my work colleagues...but the jokes soon wore off and once they'd seen 'the light'...I'm not the only person in the office who looks like a Borg!
Old 09 March 2004, 09:50 AM
Dazzler
Scooby Regular

Cheers Tony and Mr Fusion. Looks like the Jebra is a better buy than the Plantronics going on the replies here. I'll go for one of those!
Old 09 March 2004, 12:04 PM
TonyNesta
Scooby Regular

Make sure you get a voice-activated one ! I heard Carphone Warehouse were knocking them out cheap, although dunno if they still have any in stock.

Resistance is futile !

T
Old 10 March 2004, 10:56 AM
Dazzler
Scooby Regular

Ordered the Jabra BT250 (voice activated version)! No a bad price on Amazon, £50.

Thought I'd order the Belkin bluetooth adaptor whilst I was on there, so should be able to transfer phone book etc.. onto PC nice and easily now.

Thanks to all for your advise on this.