Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

VoIP

Search this Thread

Old 03 March 2004, 05:17 PM
Goldfinger
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VoIP

Can anyone help ? Any advice would be appreciated ...

My wife calls Croatia a lot and as you can imagine the cost racks up. I've previously used one-tel, PlanetTalk, Quip etc and the lowest I was paying was 10p / min. I now use Telestunt, this is a flat rate of 5p / min to either mobile or landline. Brilliant, but the calls are now 3 times as long so I'm even worse off !!!!

Does anyone on here know of any VoIP solutions for PC-phone between the Uk and abroad that may further reduce may international calls ? I often call the US but at 1p / min this is even more palatable ....

Thanks for any help posted.

Cheers
Phil
Old 04 March 2004, 11:55 AM
ADP
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im sure the people behind kazzaa have a free solution for you, cant remember what its called but look on the kazza home page Im sure itll be linked

er here infact http://www.skype.com/

Originally Posted by Goldfinger
Can anyone help ? Any advice would be appreciated ...

My wife calls Croatia a lot and as you can imagine the cost racks up. I've previously used one-tel, PlanetTalk, Quip etc and the lowest I was paying was 10p / min. I now use Telestunt, this is a flat rate of 5p / min to either mobile or landline. Brilliant, but the calls are now 3 times as long so I'm even worse off !!!!

Does anyone on here know of any VoIP solutions for PC-phone between the Uk and abroad that may further reduce may international calls ? I often call the US but at 1p / min this is even more palatable ....

Thanks for any help posted.

Cheers
Phil
Old 04 March 2004, 01:50 PM
Goldfinger
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ADP ... many thanks for your reply, will check it out

Cheers
Phil