Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Anyone clued up on Ebay/Paypal payments?

Search this Thread

Old 10 February 2004, 09:44 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Anyone clued up on Ebay/Paypal payments?

I've sold alot of stuff on Ebay and some have used my paypal account to pay me.

However, after paypal fees, I work out the total to be about £73 but its showing my account as only having £45. It says the transactions are completed and the auctions ended last night.

Even though it says the transactions are completed does it still take some time for the money to enter your account?

TIA.
Old 10 February 2004, 11:07 AM
stevencotton
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought PayPal held money for 30 days after a transaction, when it's then put into your account. Check out their FAQ or T's & C's, should be in there.
Old 10 February 2004, 12:02 PM
Fig
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Paypal have never held funds that have been sent to me in payment. From the account balance screen, click on All Activity, to show individual transactions. You can see the details of each transaction by clicking the appropriate link - this shows you the gross amount paid, fees deducted, currency conversion rate (if applicable) and nett proceeds.

This is how it works on my account anyway, but I think there are other types of account (I've often seen comments like "Non-Credit Card Paypal Accepted"), so don't know if things are different on these.
Old 11 February 2004, 09:23 PM
scooby24
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use paypal loads and you should see amounts paid to you instantly, The money then usually stays in the paypal account until you do a withdrawl to you own bank account. Check each auction against the paypal payments and don't post items until you see the funds. Check out nopaypal.com for info on paypals unscrupulous activities