Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Nokia 6600

Search this Thread

Old 21 January 2004, 01:44 PM
stevenuk300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone have any decent sites to download games and pictures for the Nokia 6600, or any other stuff?
Old 21 January 2004, 03:03 PM
Dr Nick
Scooby Regular

Not found much so far, if free is what you are after. But only had mine a couple of weeks and am waiting for my PC bluetooth dongle before I do a more thorough search. Try this for starters:

http://personal.inet.fi/private/riihimaki/s60/

but if you want to buy stuff theres plenty of sites just do a search. Or just download via your provider.

Im very happy with my phone. Its the first decent one I've had. What are your thoughts on it?
Old 21 January 2004, 08:16 PM
stevenuk300
Scooby Regular

Cheers Dr Nick.
I'm hoping it will be delivered tomorrow, so I'll let you know what I think when I receive it. I wanted a phone that had the latest technology so I wouldn't have to change after a year, like I do with all my other phones. Peoples comments on it so far are good, so I'm hoping it lives up to it's reputation.
Old 23 January 2004, 01:36 PM
stevenuk300
Scooby Regular

I received my phone last night and from the brief play around with it, it is quality. Unfortunately I have managed to lock my pin and the PUK code that I have been given is also blocked, so I have to wait a week for a new sim to be delivered. I never thought I would miss the use of a mobile this much.
Old 23 January 2004, 02:17 PM
CheekyChimp
Scooby Regular

its basically the same as the 3650 and 3660 and the software's the same too. go to groups.yahoo.com and do a search for 3650 software, 3650, 6600 and you'll find shedloads of cracked software such as full screen video players, photo apps, hipcam (really cool alternative to your normal vid camera). Get a 128MB card for your phone and download PV author, Helix Producer 9 and Nokia Convertor and you can convert and put whole films on the phone. (Currently watching Matrix Revolutions on my 3650!!! Very f*cking cool!!)
Old 23 January 2004, 02:17 PM
CheekyChimp
Scooby Regular

.... oh make sure you have a yahoo address, you will neeed this in order to join the relevant groups.
Old 23 January 2004, 02:55 PM
Dr Nick
Scooby Regular

Yesterday my Bluetooth PC adaptor arrived.

I'm a total novice at Bluetooth and also with decent mobile phones really but I do know a thing or two about PCs.

I have to say setting up a connection between my 6600 and the PC was a complete B*tch.

It wasnt down to the Bluetooth adaptor. From searching the web it turned out this is tricky.

But this storey has a happy ending cos I got it sorted in then end!
Old 26 January 2004, 06:32 PM
CheekyChimp
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Did you manage to find any of the software I mentioned. You can convert avi and mpeg files to .3gp, .MP4 and .rm files so u can play them on your phone. Helix Producer 9 plus is very good at converting big movie files to .rm whilst nokia media convertor or PV author are best for tv shows or smaller files. Oh and GET A BIG MEMORY CARD!!!! AT LEAST 128MB! to store the squillions of vids and games you'll be getting for free!

Old 26 January 2004, 09:51 PM
Mr Footlong
Scooby Regular

Question

Err chimp, I take it that you didn't know that you are not really supposed to pimp illegal software on here m8?
Old 27 January 2004, 08:24 AM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

Talking

Got one at the weekend, the 6600 seems to be a very well thought out phone bar the position of the 'c' button.

Interesting that you can put your home vids on it with the right s/w.

Alex
Old 27 January 2004, 04:06 PM
CheekyChimp
Scooby Regular

Talking

I never said anything about illegal software, in fact most of it's free and legal. There may be some cracked apps there but that's nothing to do with me.
Old 27 January 2004, 08:22 PM
ando
Scooby Regular

I've got the nokia 7650, I'm well chuffed with it. Only trouble with it is you can't upgrade the memory (only got 4mbs :/ )

Symbian based phones are the way forward I reckon, it's like having a PDA in your phone. I hope they bring some out that are microdrive compatable...imagine a phone with a couple of gig' of storage?

I'd had hundreds of GameBoy Colour games on there (yeah there's emulators on there, c64/Gameboy). Use it for a cool video for recording me and my mates drunk...hehe...and er...Do all sorts of stuff hehe...

you can get software for it on emule (P2P file sharing like...but cooler that Kazaa)... www.emule-project.com alot of it is freeware...but alot is pirated warez versions! Don't download these, it's just not right!

Eeeehehe.
Old 28 January 2004, 10:47 AM
Dr Nick
Scooby Regular

Does anyone know if there are such things as viruses for this software platform/these phones yet?

If there are then folks should probably be very careful about downloading freeware.

And while on the subject, you can tell I'm a newcomer to Smartphones cant you , what if you did manage to corrupt your software installation. Is there a reset switch? what do you do?

And finally I have read that there are newer versions of the OS for my phone around and this would appear to be the case. If you type in a code (sorry cant remember it) it tells you what version you have. Mine is not the newest. I have no problems with the phone at present but if I wanted to upgrade can I "flash" it myself somehow or do I need to go back to the shop?

Cheers!

ps phone is great - you can set your own midi files as ringtones!
Old 28 January 2004, 02:14 PM
CheekyChimp
Scooby Regular

you can take it to a nokia repair centre or concept store and they will update all your firmware for you to keep the phone up to date, you can also back up the sim with the memory card on 3650, 3660, 6600. Wish I had a 6600 as the screen has 60,000 colours whilst the 3650 has on 4,500. Ah well, I smell a free upgrade in september.
Old 28 January 2004, 05:34 PM
Dr Nick
Scooby Regular

Actually its nearer 65,000 colours

But I can't count that high and I'm colour blind anyway
Old 29 January 2004, 01:03 AM
Kenny_Boy
Scooby Newbie

There's

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=37

there's a specific 6600 forum in there and even a 6600 themes forum. dont ask about warez over there tho - moderators are very very delicate! Smart themes available to download....

and aint the 6600 a cracker eh??
Old 04 February 2004, 01:36 PM
The Italian
Scooby Newbie

Cool 6600 facias

I didn't think the 6600 had changable facias, but these are being sold on e-bay along with different buttons?
Also has any one purchased anytihng like the Platinum software disk that is being advertised on e-bay?
Old 07 February 2004, 07:07 PM
stevenuk300 still
Scooby Regular

Where can I get hold of the software to be able to watch movies on the 6600? Also are there any places to get memory cards for decent prices for the 6600?