Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

what is a "live support environment"?

Search this Thread

Old 24 September 2003, 09:48 PM
CC
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getting interviewed for a job on monday, one of the requirements is experience of a "live support environment".

I have support experience of loads of areas. What differentiates 'live' from other support environments? Just a few pointers would be handy so I don't come across as a numpty in the interview .

Old 24 September 2003, 10:22 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

I think it's one where you direct a 50,000 volt current to the end-user when they say "nope, I can't see Internet Options, I've got Mail and News, Syncronise, Windows Update, Messenger and Internet Options but not the one you said".
Old 24 September 2003, 10:34 PM
IWatkins
Scooby Regular

I'm guessing live means that you have worked in an area of support where you are supporting live users doing live/operational work. I.e. you haven't be supporting some student dossers messing about in a lab.

Cheers

Ian
Old 24 September 2003, 10:42 PM
CC
Scooby Regular

lmao at both of you

yeh thought as much, why dont they just use plain old english instead of posh words?

it's feckin £20 ph for 'support'(!) which is a damn sight more than what i'm on now as a 'developer' , which entails troubleshooting a few spaco vb programs .

cheers guys, probably wont get it but i'll give it a go!