Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Best PS2 or other games for learning UK race track layouts?

Search this Thread

Old 22 September 2003, 01:04 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Just looking at which game(s) will be best for getting an idea of lay outs of the various UK circuits before embarking on a few track days.
Preferably for PS2 as my PC aint quite brill for games but any cunning plans greatfully received
Yes i no games aint like reality but wood like to get an idea of wot comes next a lefthander or right b4 going on track lol.
Was looking at TOCA race car driver or wotever it's called but not 100% which tracks it uses
Go on wotcha reckon i'm bored driving this mondeo so need sumin fun to do till next rice rocket arrives...............
Cheers
Si
Old 22 September 2003, 01:08 PM
RichB
Scooby Regular

I have to say the original TOCA was great, I can recognise most of the circuits on the telly within about 2 corners..

Did a day at Thruxton and the instructor was surprised how well I knew the track...

Not played the newest one but surely it will be better...

Only thing is, I would look at an airfield day as well, cheaper, more run off.
Old 22 September 2003, 01:24 PM
prodriva
Scooby Regular

Location: "Every one should have a friend called Dave - they're the human equivalent of a Swiss Army knife!!"
TOCA Race driver uses the majority, if not all, of the current BTCC tracks along with the usual foreign tracks of the ETCC and the Australian V8's. Below is a list of the tracks used in the game:

United Kingdom: Brands Hatch, Donington Park, Knockhill, Oulton Park, Rockingham, Silverstone

Germany: Hockenheimring, Norisring, Nürburgring, Oschersleben

Australia: Adelaide, Bathurst, Canberra, Eastern Creek, Oran Park, Phillip Island, Sandown

Americas: Bristol Speedway, Charlotte, Las Vegas, Mexico City, Sears Point, Vancouver

France: Dijon Prenois, Magny Cours

Italy: Monza, Vallelunga

Japan: Fuji, TI Circuit AIDA

Other Tracks:

A1 Ring - Austria

Catalunya - Spain

Mantorp - Sweden

Zandvoort - Holland

Zolder - Belgium

Otherwise buy the CIRCUIT GUIDE series from somewhere like Demon Tweeks etc. They show you the layout of the circuits, the correct racing lines etc.

Definatley recommend TOCA Race Driver for learning the UK tracks on the PS2 though
Old 22 September 2003, 03:21 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Cool

sweet cheers peaps. & guna book a Don Palmer special b4 venturing near the actual circuits. Any1 wana get a group for a wetter the better stylee course? PS u gora wait a few months till i get me car mind lol
Si