Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Printing problems

Search this Thread

Old 21 September 2003, 09:41 PM
Walwal
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I have an Epson photo 895 printer. I`ve just bought some Kodak picture paper today, and decided I`d print off a few photo`s I had stored of my little laddie.

The photo`s I tried to print had my sitting room carpet in the background, which is a lightish red, but on the photos, this is coming out a green colour (as if you were wearing night vision glasses, that sort of effect). Also, the light hitting the settee (black leather) is also coming out as this green colour.

I`m using the Epson Photoquicker program to do it, but I did try 1 with Photoshop, and it did the same. The sheet that came with the paper says that I must have my settings to Media Type: Matte- Heavy Weight, and the Mode etc to 1440dpi, High Speed off, which I`ve done, but it still does it.

I had no trouble using the paper I got with the printer, but that was Epson`s own make stuff. Anyone any idea`s??

I`ve now run out of colour ink, so I won`t be able try any suggestions until I get a replacement cart (wasted loads today .....)

Cheers,

Andy.

Old 21 September 2003, 09:44 PM
Figment
Scooby Regular

You'll probably find the problem was due to the colour ink cartridge being low on (or out of) one colour, or a blocked jet.

When you install the new cartridge, try printing a small test image with red and green in it, to check you get the correct output.

HTH

Old 22 September 2003, 04:05 PM
Walwal
Scooby Regular

Thanks, I`ll try it when I get my cartridge.

Cheers,

Andy.