Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Private Lan Help

Search this Thread

Old 28 August 2003, 04:33 PM
Iain
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK Here goes,

Our new company IT rules mean I have to isolate our lab networks from the main network. That is easy.
The hard bit is we have a few servers that I still want on the lab network offering shares, so we decided to put second network cards in them and configure them for a seperate subnet ( 192.168.0.x).

Hope you're following me so far. One service used frequently is network PXE boot using a generic dosundi image ( so no special network driver required it uses the ones built into the bios).

Here's the problem. If I PXE boot a test system in the lab it can only net view / net use a standalone Windows 2000 AS it cannot/willnot let me net use or view any of the 2000 workstations.

Note : On the main network all of our dual network card systems are all members of a site domain.

I thought maybe it was something to do with the master browser, so I have configured samba on one of my dual network linux boxes to force itself to be the master browser ( seems to work ok )
But still cant net use/view the boxes.

Any thoughts ???
Old 28 August 2003, 05:03 PM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
eh?

net view?? **** that.. that aint diagnostics..

What subnet is what on?

What routes are present?

Ipconfig /all shows what?

what can you ping?

David