Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Just Loaded 'Enter The Matrix' for the PC.

Search this Thread

Old 15 May 2003, 08:00 PM
andrewdelvard
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looked very tempting sitting there on the shelf in Sainsburys so with just a seconds thought of "mad bugger its 39quid" I dropped it in the trolley, put back the salmon and fresh pasta and bought a (crust cheese filled) Pizza.
Anyways it comes as a 4 yes 4 CD set and unfortunately is a little buggy and long to load. Guess it was rushed out to meet the launch date. Expect to maybe have to load it twice.
After getting over initial problems the game began.
How lush it is.
Really, straight away you are immersed into the Matrix World. The Creators of the Matrix, the Wachowski Brothers, apparently had a lot of input into the game production and it shows. The sound is gorgeous and if you've got a decent set of speakers they'll be tested to the full. The graphics thus far have been superb. Glitch free and so slick. Although the sound has cut out once just for a few seconds. Guess I'll be looking for updates soon. (I'm running a Pentium 2.4 with a Radion 9000pro) The cut scenes meld into the game really well. So far save times are frequent so no endless (hopefully) walking around in circles looking desperately for a save point ala' 'Turok64'
Don't know what the reviews have said so far but I'm happy and recommend it with a glass of wine but not the ropey Pizza I had!
Old 15 May 2003, 08:46 PM
super_si
Scooby Regular

lol sounds good.

I get 10% off
Old 15 May 2003, 10:30 PM
andrewdelvard
Scooby Regular

I get 10% off
Old 16 May 2003, 10:14 AM
Mungo
Scooby Regular

Did you manage to configure a controller for it? I can't seem to get the game to register the analogue thumb sticks or d-pad on my game pad. It will accept all the other buttons....

It also took me 2 attempts to install - it wouldn't eject the 3rd CD, even sticking a pin in to do the manual eject! So I installed the 4th CD on my DVD player and the bloody thing then failed while checking my DirectX version and cancelled the install. Worked fine second time round.
Old 16 May 2003, 10:16 AM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

I get 10% off
is that on crusty cheese pizza's or are you Tesco's best customer with yer 10,000 cal per day diet?

Stefan
Old 16 May 2003, 01:43 PM
marcmann
Scooby Regular

Mine should be waiting for me when i get home but i wished that i'd read a few reviews before i rushed to get it. (Mine only cost £29.99 btw )). But from what i've read - 90% of people that have got it so far think it is utter crap. I really hope they're all lying else it'll be on sale come Monday.

Marc