Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Software Help???

Search this Thread

Old 08 May 2003, 02:05 PM
marcmann
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Bit of a strange request but I'm trying to look for some software that'll create 3D Tours of say a building. For instance, if i took a load of digital photo's of my house, is there any software where I can join it all together and then kinda walk through virtually??????

Probably a long shot but maybe someone knows something?

CHeers

Marc
Old 08 May 2003, 02:26 PM
TolTec
Scooby Regular

There are plenty of cheap house design packages on the market some of which allow you to paste images onto surfaces. If you want something that turns a picture of a sofa into a 3D object though I think you may be in science fiction land or at least big budget. I would be interested if anyone knows different though.
Old 08 May 2003, 02:31 PM
marcmann
Scooby Regular

Talking

lol - no i meant that if i created a 3d model of my house (for instance) using the said product then used photo's as textures for walls, ceiling, floor etc etc. Then......some how figure out how to be able to walk through the model....

Marc
Old 08 May 2003, 02:55 PM
TolTec
Scooby Regular

Floorplan3D from IMSI certainly does walkthroughs but not sure about importing images.

http://www.imsisoft.com/free/

Look above for a trial version.

Punch software does do some apps which allow import of images

http://www.punchsoftware.com/masterland.htm

the above is available for £20 at PCWorld. It is mainly a landscape design tool with some house design ability. Punch software is "adapted" to the UK market by Fastrack, unfortunately they do a limited range so that the titles which have both landscape and house design and image import cannot be bought in the UK. Still, £20 is cheap and it might do what you want.

If you use Kazaa etc. P2P and search for imsi, punch, landscape, cad or design for instance you will find quite a few programs out there - purely for evaluation of course.
Old 08 May 2003, 03:00 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Used ipix in my last job to do this. The camera takes a complete 360 x 360 image of the room from where it is set up. You can then link images together thus giving the impression of a tour through the building.

http://www.ipix.com/