Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Help with MS Word

Search this Thread

Old 21 December 2002, 01:55 PM
Rob D
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question

What I have is a permit you fill out by hand.
Now I have scanned this permit into a JPEG and have inserted this into a Word document.
What I would like to do is fill in a form and the information from that is added automatically into the ares of text on the permit?
So basically the same as when you fill in a Fax wizard on Word, the info you add in gets placed in the relevent areas of the Fax template.

Anyone know what the hell I'm on about?

Cheers,

Rob.

[Edited by Rob D - 12/21/2002 2:00:48 PM]
Old 21 December 2002, 06:52 PM
mj
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think i know what you mean, i did the same for some electrical test certs. am i right in saying that you want to prepare the permits on the screen, and then print directly onto the blank permit? if so this is what I did, I think what you want to accieve is more automated than what is detailed below - but it workrd ok for me:

scan document.

insert the scan as a "fill" in a box drawn the same same size as the paper ( I assume A4).

place text boxes in the relevant parts of the document. make sure the text boxes at this point have visible borders.

when all the text boxes are in place group them all together ( hold shift and click on each box to select multiple items, then right click on any one of the text boxes and select group)

while all the text boxes are still active, go to the line toolbar and select "no line"

save this as permit template.

when you want to prepare a fresh permit, open the template and fill in the relevant text boxes, then save as that permit No.

when you come to print the permit, click on the box that contains the scanned image and select " no fill "

drop the blank permit sheet into the printer and print.

with the electrical test certificates i was using, i had to print the duplicate page - all i did was break the glued edge along the top of the 2 sheets and drop both pieces in the printer, then printed the same page twice.

when it comes to adding the signatures, both pieces go back together and you and the permit holder sign as normal.

or have i misunderstood yo completely?

cheers,

mike.

Old 21 December 2002, 09:52 PM
Rob D
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

Thats top notch MJ!!

Cheers,

Rob.