Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Auto-opening a VBD in Internet Explorer

Search this Thread

Old 02 August 2002, 02:42 PM
Jodster
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I'm building an application that will create a file association in Windows for a VBD (Visual Basic Document) file. This will then allow VBD files to be opened with Internet Explorer.

With my tests so far, once this association is made, you still are faced with the standard dialog box in IE the first time you run it saying "Open with or Save As".

I want to elminate this dialog box so it just opens the file, bosh!There must be a registration key that is set and I'd like to include that in the installation.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.
Old 03 August 2002, 10:23 AM
kryten
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DON'T have a file association in Explorer - that stuffs everything up. Search msdn for vbd stuff - there are a whole host of registry tweaks to get this working.

Copy the following code into a .reg file and run it on the client machine to get rid of most of the problem associations:

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.vbd]
[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.vbd]
[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\vbd_auto_file]