Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

For Sale - 3 Powerware Prestige UPS - Need Batteries replaced....

Search this Thread

Old 03 July 2002, 11:28 PM
Mr Footlong
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi folks, Just wondering if anyone on here is interested in some UPS' before I ebay them.....

http://www.powerware.com/Products/Prestige/product.asp
I have 3 Powerware Prestige 600VA Online UPS'. Good mechanical order except for he fact that the batteries in all 3 are pretty shot. I have rs232 comms leads for at least 2 of them also. From what I understand the batteries are not too expensive for these and I believe from what's left of my old memory that these fellas were about £400 each retail, but I can't remember for sure.... Will check tomorrow if I get a chance.....

Again, being vague, but without opening one of these fellas up again, I think that they take 4 replacement cells, poss 6, 12v 5ah batteries. Maplins do a battery of this type for £12.99 each.

Want to sell all 3 together ideally, for £120. Due to the weight of these buggers, you would need to collect them from Farnham in Surrey.

Cheers,

Nick
Old 04 July 2002, 01:28 AM
HHxx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

I have a few SmartUPS here so don't need them. But if the batteries are shot then take them out and dispose of them. They'll be much lighter then

H