Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Got the X-Box, need help I'm stuck on Halo!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06 June 2002, 09:08 AM
mega_stream
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Finally got it yesterday, been playing Halo non-stop

Well, until I completed the 1st bit, went off in a shuttle thing crash landed on some planet. I've walked all round this stage, killed all the baddies, found a buggy thing to drive in (very hard to control )
I walked into a cave type thing, it said it was using my suit to decode some transmissions....thats as far as I can get, I can't see anything to do in the cave.

What am I sposed to do? No where else to walk, nobody left to kill.
Mission objectives say save 3 groups of humans, and wait for drop shuttle.?

Can anyone help!?
Old 06 June 2002, 09:29 AM
swiss scooby
Scooby Regular

First of all, you will get used to the control of the vehicles, trust me. Just be aware that the vehicle always drives/flies to the direction where the arrow is pointing.
For the following, I think I know where you are at the moment:
When you enter the cave, on the right hand side, there is a ramp going up and then along the right wall in the hall. Exit the vehicle and walk up this ramp where you will end up in front of a switch. Press it (X) and the bridge will light up! You can then enter the vehicle again and drive across the bridge. Hope this helps. Have fun with the Xbox and remember:"Floods come in dozends!!"
Old 06 June 2002, 09:50 AM
Jodster
Scooby Regular

Swiss Scooby is right. I was in the same mess as you but in the caves/bunker there is a door to open and a path to follow. I kept rolling my ATV in the bunker and losing my bearings but it is there. Practice with the ATV as you'll need it more later on in the game, and that technique for directional steering carries across to all the vehicles you'll use.
Old 06 June 2002, 10:50 AM
ptholt
Scooby Regular

Just remember that the jeep travels in the direction the camera is facing and not the way your moving the pad and you should be sorted.

Just turn turn the camera to face where you want to go then accelerate. Get used to it as theres lots of vhicle type action.

Just thinking you may not be as far as swiss scooby says, if your in the caverns that are the same size as when you entered you need to keep progressing, you will eventually go up a little ramp and jump a little gap in the jeep, then you'll be n the bit mentioned above where you have to turn the bridge on.

[Edited by ptholt - 6/6/2002 10:54:41 AM]
Old 06 June 2002, 11:11 AM
mega_stream
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Thanks, found the controls to the light bridge and onto the next bit

This is good