Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Android volume

Search this Thread

Old 10 May 2014, 09:39 PM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Android volume

Ok so after 5 years of blackberry use for work, they finally gave me a samsung s4 nice phone but I noticed that when using headphones the volume isn't that loud, tried varying degree of headphones from the samsung one to Sennheiser IE8i and sony mdr ex1000,

Anyway I decide to give my son it and get myself for work a sony Z2, now this phone is good, even though I only had the s4 for a week you can tell it's a better phone and set out better, camera is awesome and videos etc.... Anyway again I plug in songs nice noise cancelling and it's still pretty crap, I see a lot of posts of people moaning about this.

Anyone ideas of how one would boost it a little I'm near the top of the scale, on an iPhone I have loads to play with.
Old 11 May 2014, 10:34 PM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

We'll update I did a I long journey today and it was ok, the noise cancelling headphones that come with the z2 helped and were in fact very good, but they don't work with the ipad in so much as to say u can't hear any dialogue in films, the z2 must drive them, rather than like The Bose which are battery driven.

So far the phones doing well the battery life is the best yet, all day I've hammered it and it's only on 48%, the s4 would be flat by now

Anyway overall android is ok, it's no iPhone but I knew that, but workable and does what's needed....

iPhones still the best at most though in my view...

Last edited by Littleted; 11 May 2014 at 10:35 PM.
Old 12 May 2014, 09:34 AM
Graz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm, volume on my S4 is nice and loud, way better than my iPod Classic, though it does warn you about hearing damage when going past a certain level. Using Sennheiser CX300-II.
Old 12 May 2014, 06:34 PM
scoobyverysoon
.......*SMACS*...........

Location: Manchester - Official SMACS Cleaning Freak who suffers from OCD
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it warns you after 10 i find 15 spot on using the earphones that came with it on my note 2