Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

Which LSP?

Search this Thread

Old 11 February 2011, 11:13 AM
V4JDMSTi
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Which LSP?

I've got a bit of a different detail lined up for tomorrow. A mate of my Dad want's me to spruce his van up a bit in readiness to have his signage applied.

So what do I go for as LSP? Treat him to some Dodo , slap on some Poorboys Natty, Poorboys EX-P or go with the uber long lasting Mothers Reflections Top Coat? A combo even?

I've got Dodo on my everyday run around fiesta topped with the Mothers and I've not had to apply a top up layer since about last November if not earlier.

Choices, choices. But what would you go for out of that lot? Being a van it's going to get some abuse on work sites, motorway mileage etc.

Time will also be tight tomorrow because of how long it's going to take to do the machining. I'm so out of practice as well. Having not done a proper detail for months.

HELP!
Old 11 February 2011, 11:40 AM
John @ PB
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At the moment, don't apply anything.

Just machine it then IPA it ready for the signage.

Once the signage is done, then go with an LSP: the signage (presuming it's vinyl stickers) will bond best onto a nice clean, non-LSP'd surface.

Once it's on, go for LSP. If the van's white, I'd go with EXP from that selection.
Old 11 February 2011, 12:03 PM
V4JDMSTi
Scooby Regular

Cheers John. Yes it's Vinyl to go on. Not sure how much, brand of vinyl etc. Glad I'm not applying it tbh. Been there done that with graphics on past Imprezas. It can be a right pita.

And yup, it's the typical white builders van. Although I dare say it's more mud / road grime coloured at the moment.

I'm just hoping that the weather picks up. The forecast isn't great. We've got a nice big gazebo to go over it, but it's a bit windy down here and I hate machining in the damp.
Old 11 February 2011, 05:24 PM
brocks
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For durability, after the vinyl has been applied have you considered Collinite?

Pre vinyl application, Jeffs Werkstatt Prime? Then sealed with Jeffs Acrylic afterwards

Only my tuppence worth LOL
Old 11 February 2011, 05:41 PM
V4JDMSTi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by brocks
For durability, after the vinyl has been applied have you considered Collinite?

Pre vinyl application, Jeffs Werkstatt Prime? Then sealed with Jeffs Acrylic afterwards

Only my tuppence worth LOL
If I was being paid for the job I'd buy the Colly in. But as it's a favour / beer tokens job, he can have what I've already got.

I agree the Colly is great for durabilty. As is the Werkstatt. I've got so many tubs and pots of wax though. I'm not even telling him about the Zymol tubs in my collection .
Old 14 February 2011, 04:19 PM
V4JDMSTi
Scooby Regular

Well that was hard work. I'll get some before and afters up at some point. The vinyl to go on is just in the inset pannels, if that makes sense? So everything bar this was sealed with EXP. Came up quite well.