Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

Changing products advise please !

Search this Thread

Old 03 June 2010, 05:12 PM
greatgonzo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing products advise please !

Hi
I'm thinking of changing what i use, i fancy giving the Dodo juice a go but not sure what wax to use I have narrowed it down to the LIGHT FANTASTIC 250ml at £32.00 or the 'Supernatural' Premium Wax 200ml at £63.00.
A big difference in price do you think its worth it or can I achieve the same results with a more regular application of the Light Fantastic (which I don't mind doing)
PS Crystal Grey is the colour of my scoob!
Old 03 June 2010, 06:11 PM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

When i wasnt sure I got a test tub and tried a couple, the LF is great on silver.
Old 03 June 2010, 07:59 PM
johnson12
Scooby Regular

I am using sn on my gb270 a the momment and it leaves a great finish
Old 03 June 2010, 11:45 PM
greatgonzo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by johnson12
I am using sn on my gb270 a the moment and it leaves a great finish
have you tried any other dodo wax to compare tho ? its almost £30.00 more but I don't want to buy cheap and buy twice tho
Old 04 June 2010, 12:10 PM
V4JDMSTi
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just because the Dodo waxes are colour charged doesn't mean to say that they can't be used on other colours. All the waxes punch way above their price. Purple Haze and blue velvet will help to give a warm tone to crystal grey.

If you can afford it the supernatural is hard to beat for the price. You'd need to spend at least £250 on another make of wax to get the same results imo.

One thing to keep in mind though when choosing is how good you are at applying the wax? The soft waxes take a fair bit more skill to apply without over application. A little goes a hell of a long way.
Old 04 June 2010, 12:22 PM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by mneame
Just because the Dodo waxes are colour charged doesn't mean to say that they can't be used on other colours. All the waxes punch way above their price. Purple Haze and blue velvet will help to give a warm tone to crystal grey.

If you can afford it the supernatural is hard to beat for the price. You'd need to spend at least £250 on another make of wax to get the same results imo.

One thing to keep in mind though when choosing is how good you are at applying the wax? The soft waxes take a fair bit more skill to apply without over application. A little goes a hell of a long way.
I totally agree with the little goes along way with Dodo as the small "Panel pot" has done my car twice so far a fair amount left.
Old 04 June 2010, 01:05 PM
V4JDMSTi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JDM_Stig
I totally agree with the little goes along way with Dodo as the small "Panel pot" has done my car twice so far a fair amount left.
I've heard of someone getting 4 full car applications from a "panel" pot.

Trending Topics

Old 04 June 2010, 04:15 PM
V4JDMSTi
Scooby Regular

I can't remember which of the Dodo "light" waxes this is. DW or LF but this is the finish of Dodo on a silver/grey car. My mate asked me to tidy up his pug ready to sell. After I'd finished it he kept it instead as he said it was like getting a new car back.

To give you an idea of other products on lighter colours, this is a mates car finished in Werkstatt acrylic.

As you can see the light was low in both cases and still great reflection is given. One other thing you should consider though is that any lsp is generally only as good as the prep work before it.
Old 04 June 2010, 07:55 PM
greatgonzo
Scooby Regular

I'm using the Werkstatt acrylic at the moment but its nearly run out so fancied a change, I do like the finish of the Werkstatt acrylic its very rich and warm but I personal don't think it gives a wet mirror look if you know what I mean. I was reading somewhere that the harder of the dodo juice is slightly easier to use as you don't over use the product, but I do like the sound of the sn so might just go for it, thinking about it I might as well just get the panel pot to make sure i get on with it OK then I'm not throwing £60.00 away.