Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

help me choose between these PB products please

Search this Thread

Old 01 May 2009, 06:35 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help me choose between these PB products please

i'm after a new drying towel and polish applicators, but PB have got some other choices since i last bought, so which is best?

waffle weave towel or the deep pile drying towel?

meguirs polish applicators or the lake country german polishing pad?

i've currently got the waffle weave towel and the meguirs applicators, no problems with either but i was wondering if the newer products had any advantages over what i'm using now?

pros and cons guys, what's your advice?

Ta,
Paul
Old 01 May 2009, 08:50 PM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

paul,

I have the Poorboys waffle weave towels from PB and I find the a great towel to use. I however use as a main drying towel the Miracle Dryer ( The finest car care and automotive detailing products available. ) and I find this much much better as it is a lot softer. Whether this is the same or similar to the Deep Pile Luxury Drying Towel I couldn't tell you.

As for applicator pads. It all depends on what you want to use the for. I use the yellow Megs applicators for putting AG Glass polish on with, megs metal polish, PB wheel sealant on with. I use a German Lake County applicator pad (red/white) for applying Nattys wax with.
Old 02 May 2009, 08:11 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

cheers for the advice mate, i've never been blown away by the waffle towel TBH, it works ok but has never been the groundbreaking product i was expecting, kinda why i'm looking at other things. that one in the link looks good

i've just taken another look at the PB site and seen the other applicators in the 'protect' section, i was getting a little confused with the polishing applicator that offers a bit of cutting action. looks like the normal applicators so the same thing (application wise) ?

Last edited by hoskib; 02 May 2009 at 08:13 PM.
Old 02 May 2009, 08:33 PM
Mike Murphy
Scooby Regular

I prefer the lake applicators to the megs as they fit in your hand better and you can use one side for wax and the other for polish.
Old 04 May 2009, 02:22 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

From what I have been told, our Luxury Deep Pile Drying Towel is identical to the CG towel linked above. In terms of performance, the waffle weave is the best option for pat drying enthusiasts, but for those folk who like to give the paint a cheeky wipedown during the drying process, the deep pile towel is far kinder and safer on the paint - soft isn't the word!

When it comes to applicators, the round yellow Megs pads are great for use on wheels, exhausts, trims, etc - basically anywhere tight and fiddly, where the ability to bend the pad is very useful. However, on the bodywork, the LK German Pads are better for polishing, as there larger size allows you to work quicker, using more pressure, and as a result you won't get so tired and the polishes will work better. Finally, for applying waxes and sealants, the BF LSP Applicator Pad is great, as the gold foam is even softer and kinder to the paint, while the size again allows a large area to be covered very quickly. As is often the case in our store, each product has it's place in our line up, and is best suited for different tasks!
Old 05 May 2009, 06:32 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Polished Bliss
From what I have been told, our Luxury Deep Pile Drying Towel is identical to the CG towel linked above. In terms of performance, the waffle weave is the best option for pat drying enthusiasts, but for those folk who like to give the paint a cheeky wipedown during the drying process, the deep pile towel is far kinder and safer on the paint - soft isn't the word!

When it comes to applicators, the round yellow Megs pads are great for use on wheels, exhausts, trims, etc - basically anywhere tight and fiddly, where the ability to bend the pad is very useful. However, on the bodywork, the LK German Pads are better for polishing, as there larger size allows you to work quicker, using more pressure, and as a result you won't get so tired and the polishes will work better. Finally, for applying waxes and sealants, the BF LSP Applicator Pad is great, as the gold foam is even softer and kinder to the paint, while the size again allows a large area to be covered very quickly. As is often the case in our store, each product has it's place in our line up, and is best suited for different tasks!
nice one, top advice as usual
i'll put an order in for some bits when the towel is back in stock, get it all in one go
Old 05 May 2009, 09:29 PM
F1 CJE UK
Scooby Regular

for those folk who like to give the paint a cheeky wipedown during the drying process, the deep pile towel is far kinder and safer on the paint - soft isn't the word!

ha ha you have lost it mate, have you been working to hard cheeky wipedown, I have these towels, i use my leafblower 1st then follow that up with QD spary and these towels makes a great job

Trending Topics

Old 14 May 2009, 09:09 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

holy crap, that deep pile towel is a bit special! maybe i hadn't washed the waffle weave towel properly or something, but that's night and day difference between the two.

i'm a bit of a cheeky wiper i'm afraid but i can't believe how much better this soaks up the water, it'll turn me into a pat dryer there's just no need to wipe around, the water's just gone!!

top, top recomendation as always PB

also very impressed with the light cut pad and the Poorboys white diamond glaze, i'll be honest i wasn't expecting too much from either (how can a sponge get rid of scratches and a polish fill up some others i was thinking) but again, wow!
it was getting dark and the outside light was on (normally makes it look like someone has attacked the car with a brillo pad) and i could really see the difference to the panels i had worked on, brilliant stuff

cheers again Team PB

Last edited by hoskib; 14 May 2009 at 09:10 PM.
Old 18 May 2009, 12:49 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Always welcome! Cheers for the business, much appreciated.