Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

Karcher Quality????

Search this Thread

Old 08 January 2009, 08:09 PM
COLZO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Karcher Quality????

I had a JCB PW for about 7 years with no problems at all, bought a Karcher in July last year, went to use it this morning and it had no pressure and water leaking everywhere. Took it back and got it replaced no worries but a bit concerned about the quality issues. I thought Karcher was a good brand as they are very popular PWs. Anyone else had problems with their Karchers?
Old 09 January 2009, 01:24 AM
C_WRX
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Dads Karcher packed in just before Xmas, water pouring out where it isn't meant to, bought in July this year ! Guy who is fixing it (under warranty) replaced the part he thought was burst, nope, now waiting for part no.2 which he is sure it is now !!
I'd kinda wanted one but am managing with my wee old one (don't even know the make) which I've had for 4 years now. Lance might need a bit of looking at as jet/spray not as it used to be.
Old 09 January 2009, 11:23 AM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

I've been using Karchers for over 10 years now, and some have failed on me, but generally speaking I have been pleased with their reliability and overall level of performance. The newer domestic models have plastic inards rather than brass workings, and this is a concern, but that said my latest little unit (K2.X series) that I use at home is still going strong after 2 years. When you get up into the commercial HDS products the quality is wonderful and built to last and last...
Old 09 January 2009, 05:29 PM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

I had a Karcher K3.91MD and that stopted working/lost pressure, so I did some research and found quite a lot of people in the Detailing World said that their karcher had died. I did some more research and decided to pay a 'little' more and get a machine that will last and with a much higher build quality - Kranzle 1150T. All I can say is It is worth the extra LSD I can assure you
Old 11 January 2009, 08:16 PM
sti-chris
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a Karcher HD525 with the brass internals , Had this almost 10 years used weekly and never let me down.
Now i have posted this it will be gauranteed to explode tomorrow. LOL
Old 11 January 2009, 08:26 PM
Wagon Gaz
Scooby Regular

Dual pumps with a 5hp Honda engine, loads a pressure an no probs, the problems with the cheaper Karcher ones I believe may be related to sub zero temps and plastic internals.