Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

What now?

Search this Thread

Old 08 January 2009, 11:56 PM
ODSSOCKS41
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What now?

ok i've got my AB foam lance with megs hyper wash-what now?

How much megs do i put in-cap full to a litre of warm water?

What do use after i used foam and washed it off,use it again then use a mit or will just the foam do no rubbing paint work?

Do i need to put anything on after megs,some sort of sealant?

Sorry new to all this but like to keep car in good condition but i've let it go for the last 2 months coz of an accident so the car needs a days cleaning.

I've got a wrc(think thats what it called/light) blue sti- not sure if that makes a differance
All help appreciated

Cheers J

Last edited by ODSSOCKS41; 08 January 2009 at 11:58 PM.
Old 09 January 2009, 11:20 AM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

1. Add approximately 1cm of Hyper Wash to the bottom of the lance bottle, and then fill the remaining space with warm water. Screw the injector head back on the bottle, shake well to mix, then back the top dial off from fully screwed down by about 4-5 turns until foam thickness is spot on. This method seems to hold no matter what pressure washer you are using, and there is no need to add anything else.

2. Foam once, leave for 5 minutes, then rinse thoroughly using pressure if at all possible. Then foam again before immediately doing the mitt wash with a normal shampoo and the two bucket method - this provides extra lubrication for the wash mitt.

3. After rinsing and drying off, I'd suggest for protection purposes adding a coat of Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection. This is a durable synthetic sealant that adds terrific protection and leaves a cracking finish on WR Blue - see example images on this link...

Car Care Advice - Frequently asked questions about car care products and techniques

Simply wash car regularly and add a fresh coat of the sealant every couple of months or so. As a basic routine, you can't go wrong with this, and if you end up wanting to do more, you can easily add in extra steps, etc.
Old 09 January 2009, 01:31 PM
ODSSOCKS41
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Polished Bliss
1. Add approximately 1cm of Hyper Wash to the bottom of the lance bottle, and then fill the remaining space with warm water. Screw the injector head back on the bottle, shake well to mix, then back the top dial off from fully screwed down by about 4-5 turns until foam thickness is spot on. This method seems to hold no matter what pressure washer you are using, and there is no need to add anything else.

2. Foam once, leave for 5 minutes, then rinse thoroughly using pressure if at all possible. Then foam again before immediately doing the mitt wash with a normal shampoo and the two bucket method - this provides extra lubrication for the wash mitt.

3. After rinsing and drying off, I'd suggest for protection purposes adding a coat of Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection. This is a durable synthetic sealant that adds terrific protection and leaves a cracking finish on WR Blue - see example images on this link...

Car Care Advice - Frequently asked questions about car care products and techniques

Simply wash car regularly and add a fresh coat of the sealant every couple of months or so. As a basic routine, you can't go wrong with this, and if you end up wanting to do more, you can easily add in extra steps, etc.

Cheers mate. Very helpful. Im looking forward to trying it out.
Got to say your threads are always informative and i appreciate the reply.

Top bloke

Forgot to ask- what shampoo to use to actually wash the car after foaming?

Last edited by ODSSOCKS41; 09 January 2009 at 03:04 PM.
Old 12 January 2009, 01:02 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

For general use and best value for money it would have to be Meguiars Shampoo Plus. However, if you fancy treating yourself, then any of the branded shampoos in our store are great to use; my personal favourite is the new Gloss It Gloss Shampoo, as its the slickest one we do (but granted not cheap!).