Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

Christmas Clean - Yaris T-Sport

Search this Thread

Old 19 December 2008, 05:56 PM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Christmas Clean - Yaris T-Sport

It had been 4 weeks since I last cleaned my Yaris T-Sport, mainly because my Karcher pressure washer died on me and it was not worth getting it repaired, so I did some research and settled for a Kranzle 1150T. This turned up yesterday via courier. Very pleased with it.

This is what I used:

Chemical Guys Maxi Suds II
Total Auto Wash P21S
Menzerna wheel and tyre 7.5 Gel
Megs Hyper wash - for snowing
Megs NXT 2.0 liquid wax
Megs NXT class cleaner
Poorboys natural look dressing
Blackfire long lasting tyre gel
300 Aerospace protectant

Assortment of brushes, wash mitts (inc lambswool wash mitt), megs watermagnet, poorboys waffle weave drying towel, Miracle Dryer, megs applicator pads and tyre dressing applicator.
4 axle stands
1 2 ton torlley jack
Kranzle 1150T
AB Foam Lance

This is how she looked

So I jacked the car up, placed on axle stands and removed the rear wheels. I could not move the front's. They where solid. So I will get a tyre place to take them off for me and put some copper grease on the hubs.

Washed the wheels and tyres with the Menzerna wheel and tyre 7.5 Gel and used brushes and a clean megs M/F mitt. Then tried with Megs watermagnet. Then I set about cleaning the arches. For this I used P21S in a Megs degreaser bottle with foaming spray head and used brushes to agitate the dirt. 'Blasted' quite literally with the new PW...boy is it powerful. Next was to snow the car, so I hocked up the AB foam lance and mixed Megs hyper wash and the maxi suds II together with warm water - made some loverly snow.

the money shot

Then I left that dwell for a short while and then PW it all off. I did not really need to wash the car in the conventional way as it had got rid off pretty much all the dirt/road grime. But alas I got me two buckets and dolly w/grit guards and lambswool wash mitt and washed the car. I used a another clean megs m/f wash mitt to wash under the sills and exhaust etc.... PW the soap off and dried with a Miracle dryer and Poorboys waffle weave. I decided to put the alloys back on, lower the car and torque up the wheel nuts.

Once dried, I put the car in the garage as it was looking a little like rain and also it was lunch time Had lunch (and infact it did not rain). So I got the car out of the garage and set to work again. I applied 2 coats of Meguiars NXT Tech Wax 2.0. Its very good stuff. Gives the paint a loverly wet look. Whilst the second application was curing, I set about polished the exhaust tip and box using a Megs applicator pad and Megs NXT metal wax. Came up a treat. Then I buffed off the second coat of NXT20. Onto the inside. The mats as you can see from the photos where dirty. So I used P21S diluted, Megs interior brush and gave them all a good scrub and vacuum. Put them in front of the electric fire in the dining room to dry. They have come up like new. I then vacuumed the inside carpets, cleaned the rubber pedals with P21S and a brush. Dressed the hard plastics with Poorboys natural look dressing using a Megs M/F applicator pad. Cleaned the glass inside and out with Megs NXT glass cleaner and two M/F cloths. Dressed the tyres with Blackfire long lasting tyre gel using a tyre dressing applicator pad. I popped the bonnet and decided to dress the plastics and pipes/cables with 303 Aerospace protectant and another Megs applicator pad. Put the now dry mats back in and stand back and admire my work.

finished pictures.

I will get some better shots in the morning.

Thats it from me and its a good night from him
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Darren
Old 19 December 2008, 06:05 PM
Blue by You
Scooby Regular

Very tidy Darren, nice job mate.
Old 19 December 2008, 06:05 PM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

Thanks
Old 19 December 2008, 08:09 PM
V4JDMSTi
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

another nice job fella
Old 20 December 2008, 07:43 AM
Mike Murphy
Scooby Regular

Nice write up and a lovely finish!!
Old 20 December 2008, 12:50 PM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

Thanks guys

My mum said to me the other day, that I have got a problem. Oh dear I think I may have this OCD that going around.... Help me, help me please, when will it end.
Old 20 December 2008, 11:33 PM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great job Darren
Old 21 December 2008, 05:10 PM
mad555
Scooby Regular

Good job mate,looks well.