Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

Karcher...Pah!

Search this Thread

Old 17 December 2008, 11:31 AM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Karcher...Pah!

After my Karcher K3.91MD went u/s last month, I did some research and on here and on Detailing world and the general consensus was that Karchers K series only last about a year to 18 months of regular use. So I thought there is no point in spending out a couple of hundred pounds on a Karcher PW to only find it lasts 18 months. False economy. So I did some more research on DW and found a loverly review of the Karnzle K1150T. This made my mind up then and there. I am in the same mind set as the thread starter, buy the most expensive you can afford - you get what you pay for.

So I ordered the PW yesterday morning (Tues) from Kranzle and it arrived this morning at 10:15 by City Link. The driver was a right laugh. Nice guy.

Its comes fully assembled apart from screwing on the handle for the real.

I suppose you want to see the picture of it

I can see why they cost so much. Its heavy and solid. Non of this flimsy Plastic and light weightiness.
The fit and finish show you that this machine will last and last.

This 'T' version comes with a 15m steel braided wrapped in rubber hose. M22 brass connectors, no plastic connections here.

I am waiting on post lady to deliver my brass adapter for my foam lance then I can put the pressure washer into action and give you a review of its cleaning power. From reading reviews and the specification, it has 10L/min instead of 380L/hour like the 3.91 I had. Its got power.

Darren
Old 17 December 2008, 12:16 PM
EAndy
Scooby Regular

I used a K7.85 for a good 2 years 3 times a week so it's been overall it's had a hard life, also used on patio's etc and never let me down? maybe luck of the draw.

Having said that my old man now has the K7.85 and on Monday I took delivery of a K7.91MD the top spec (commercial side) which you can get if you look around for under £200, that comes with brass connector for the hose line which the older version didn't not quite as powerful as your new one as it only puts out 9 litres a minute

Your new pressure washer looks very nice though! how expensive is expensive in rough figures if you don't mind me being rude and asking?

One of the key things for me in a PW is the built in soap dispensors this one you've got doesn't seem to have one though?
Old 17 December 2008, 12:51 PM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

I was toying with the K7.85, but the I was saying to myself, how long is it going to last. Look on their site, Kranzle.co.uk for price.
No this PW does not have a soap dispenser tank, but has a pipe that you can put into soap.
Old 19 December 2008, 01:17 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Wow, that looks very nice. I'm going to investigate further!
Old 19 December 2008, 05:55 PM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

From using it yesterday and today, see other threads. it is a wonderful piece of kit. worth the money imho.
Old 21 December 2008, 05:44 PM
Tim Bomford
Scooby Regular

Good choice Darren, see you cant beat a Kranzle
Old 21 December 2008, 05:55 PM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

I am very glad I got a machine that will last and is built to last unlike other makes.

I watched ideal world shopping channel yesterday and the guy selling and plugging that K2950 with all those accessories just made me laugh in your face.