Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

Last but not least, Kebab Nemesis's RB320

Search this Thread

Old 22 November 2008, 01:07 AM
Mike Murphy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Last but not least, Kebab Nemesis's RB320

This final detail (on another black car) was done on Monday of this week, and the weather was crap!! It rained all day. Although I have a double garage, it has a wall down the middle, so it was out with my trusty gazebo again!!

The car is a 16000 mile, one owner RB320 and it was mainly a detail to remove a lot of swirls and prepare the car for the winter.

Due to bad light and crap weather, the photo's aren't as good as I would like them to be, so apologies for the quality.

How the car arrived at 8am -

As always, next step was to snowfoam with Meg's Hyperwash -

Once done, the car was washed using the 2 bucket method with Megs Shampoo plus, a lambswool mitt and dried using pakshak waffle weave towels. After this, the whole car was claybar'd.

It was then taped up under the cover of the gazebo and between me and John, the owner, it took almost 3 rolls of masking tape!!

Couldn't get good enough light to show up the swirls, but trust me, they were there.

Bodywork was then buffed with my G220 and Menz 3.02. then Menz 106. After this it was sealed using Blackfire All Finish Protection and wax'd with Blackfire Midnight Sun.

Next were the wheels, which are multispokes and after working in freezing cold, wet conditions, I really fancied a nice set of 5 spokes, but hey ho they had to be cleaned so they were sprayed with Menz 7.5 gel, dressed with Poorboys wheel Sealant and the tyres dressed with Blackfire Tyre Gel.

Then it was onto the trim, mudflaps were detailed with 303 aerospace protectant, trim detailed with Megs trim detailer and the glass cleaned with Megs Nxt glass cleaner.

Finished -

At the end of the day we were soaked, frozen, shattered and sore, but damn, doesn't the car look good???
Old 22 November 2008, 02:17 PM
shep ppp
Scooby Regular

Nice collection of cars, but would have blanked the number plates out if it was me.
Old 24 November 2008, 06:24 AM
Mike Murphy
Scooby Regular

Unfortunately don't know how to do it and to be fair, if you drive by my house you can see them all

Mike
Old 24 November 2008, 01:29 PM
V4JDMSTi
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

another cracker. great consistent work fella
Old 26 November 2008, 09:43 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

It's no fun under those sort of conditions... but well done for grinning, bearing it and delivering the goods. Now put your feet up for the rest of the winter, it's too damn miserable to be detailing outside man!