Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

a couple of questions about the Meguiars Slide Lock Brush used on the Lambo detail

Search this Thread

Old 06 August 2008, 07:52 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a couple of questions about the Meguiars Slide Lock Brush used on the Lambo detail

that brush saw a fair bit of the car, did you use the same one for all the jobs or do you keep one for the wheels, one for the bodywork fidly bits etc?
it looks like you've used it on the lamborghini badge so it's plenty soft enough for paintwork?

if the side brush is a bit versatile and can be used all around the car might i sugest putting it under other categories on your site as it took a little to find it.
not meant as a pop by the way, but if i had seen that the other day i would have tagged it onto my order if only to try it out, us guys can be quite impulsive buyers if stuff flashes up in front us on the screen

also what do you use to buff off the tyre gel? i've always left mine to dry normally but get the odd bit of it flicking off if i put too much on then drive off fairly soon after

cheers, Paul
Old 08 August 2008, 10:27 AM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Hi Paul, we have a couple on the shelf for our own use, but usually only work with one at a time (on each job) in conjunction with the two bucket method. As long as you take the time to carefully rinse out the brush after each step then there is no real danger of cross contamination - we visually check most of our gear before, during and after each stage as a matter of course. Thank you for the suggestion about the brush being made more widely available in the store. I will add to the product description shortly and copy it to other sections where it has benefits. Finally, with regard to the tyre gel, we always buff the tyres down (a few hours after application) with a microfibre work towel, just to make sure no excess remains in the tread edges.
Old 08 August 2008, 02:55 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

cheers for the reply guys one other thing, if i use it a lot to clean out around the boot badges are the bristles soft enough to not scratch the paint?
Old 11 August 2008, 05:14 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Yes they are, but as always, you need to be careful; use the lightest of pressure to get the job done, check that the bristles are clean, rinse out thoroughly before use, etc. All of the usual checks when using anything on paint, whether it be a mitt, a brush, a towel or a foam pad. We also use this brush to clean door shuts, and again, it won't scratch as long as your are careful, gentle and excercise care.
Old 11 August 2008, 06:25 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

thanks top advice as usual!
Old 15 August 2008, 11:51 AM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Always welcome! Now added to the engine section, will also add to clean and polish when I get the chance. Going to add example piccies to a lot of the products too, so will inlcude wet and dry usage pics of this brush when I get to it. I wish there were 48 hours in each day!